Sulphur Springs @ Mount Pleasant

budmanmpfan

Rivalry renewed this in Mount Pleasant as the Wildcats travel down I 30 to face their biggest rivals, the Tigers of MP. AL I got to say is that if the offensive line of Mount Pleasant doesn't start blocking for the running back then they don't stand a chance. With that being said I am taking the Wildcats by 3 scores.

Probably not much to be said this week...just have to take a wait and see and hope for the best attitude. There were a few new bright spots for MP last night but lots of penalties that killed us when it counted. SS has had MP's number for the past decade and it sure would be nice to turn that back around on them for a change.

Sub-varsity games are tonight.

JH games are in MP and Fish and JV are @ SS.

How bad does the downpour of rain look for tonight? I know the radar shows SS getting hit severely right at 5pm....looks like it could be a long night for the sub-varsity teams. What does SS fish and JV look like this year? MP lost a pretty rough game at Jacksonville under a half lit field until the 4th quarter when Jax was inside their own 20 lol. Kidding...there were plenty of mistakes made that hurt the Tigers, but these sophomores are still pretty salty.

GO TIGERS!

The freshmen played in the indoor facility and SS won, 27-6

The JV game was played at the regular stadium after a long delay.

MP JV won that game 14-7....the officiating kept it REALLY interesting to say the least lol.

Greenville: Did you guys end up getting any roofs blown off like they did in Big D? When we were right outside of MV we hit a wall!! Got there and home safe and sound though. Thanks for the heads up!

Not sure what to take from the game Friday night. Did we come out and think MP would just give us the W??? We try an unsuccessful onside kick to open the game, MP takes it 50 yards on their first drive and leads 7-0. MP pooch kicks and no one from SS seemed to want to get on the ball and MP recovers and takes it in to lead 14-0 and our offense has yet to see the field. Our first possession is a good drive and we take it inside the 5,but fumble and MP has it again leading 14-0. MP punts, and we can't pick up a first down and MP is forced to punt again. Can't remember if this is when we finally score or if we fumble once again and then hold MP and then go finally score. All of that to say, we basically gave the game to MP and they did not seem to want it. Several shots to drive a nail leading 14-0 and just couldn't get it done. I thought after the 1st Quarter we played pretty well, but MP is not very good. If their QB could hit an open receiver, this game could have been a blowout for MP. I did not count, but he had an off night and they did have open receivers ALL night. #25 for MP can play and should have had a career night because he was behind us all night. The Soph RB for MP is solid as well. Our running game was good from the 2nd quarter on and we were successful when we needed to be throwing the ball on short routes. I had hoped that we could slip into the playoffs with 4 teams going, but I am a little confused at this point.

We will see!

SS is gonna have to beat Marshall for a shot at 4th. If Hallsville beats Thigh and SS beats Hallsville, the district will be interesting.

I don't see any team from 15 5A going deep this year.

MP v PT will be the battle for the bottom.

MPs future does look a little brighter as the JV is doing well.

I would have to agree, how could the future not be brighter. They are that bad this year. Not so certain I buy into it being much above average in the future, so it depends on what you are looking for. They barely beat our JV and we are not real strong. Our Fresh won big over the MP Fresh?