New Boston/ Mt Vernon. 1st dist game

OLEMAN

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NB is not getting much respect in alot of the polls. They are good and getting better every game. The Lion staff chooses to keep the score down against their opponents and give their young players some time on the field. Wait and we how good they are

Mount Vernon is young and just want be able to keep up with the Lions. I keep hearing the comment that we are down this year... And at the beginning of the year I Believed the same thing. However, the lions have vastly improved over the last 5 weeks. The line play on both sides of the ball is dramatically better then it was the first couple of games. The defense is starting to look like it did last year. Seems like the kids are starting to figure out the new defensive scheme. Sissons is also looking much crisper with his passes but that has to do a lot with the line play. Overall, NB is starting to look dangerous. I think they will be very strong headed into the playoffs.

I think if you compare the team to last years......at this point they are a bit behind them.

That said, there is no reason to believe this team can't make a run similar to last years team. You have to catch a few breaks along the way to make it deep.

One thing I believe has stuck out in my mind.....the penalties/turnovers/bonehead plays that were seen vs. Atlanta have disappeared. Not saying we would of beaten Atlanta, but that game would of been much closer about week 3 or 4.

The offensive and defensive line lost the most from this past year, and those two groups have been getting better every week. The QB is young but has the arm and athleticism to make the plays needed. I think the biggest thing now is to see if they can consistently improve all the way through district. If they can continue to improve, I think we can play in December.

I think we need to be careful about measuring this years team against it's competition. No doubt that this team hasn't replaced all the veterans lost to graduation last year.

Also, except for Pleasant Grove and Atlanta, all the teams we have played are down in talent, even Daingerfield.

NB is also a few injuries away from being in the same boat as Paul Pewitt so hopefully the starters will stay healthy until playoffs.

Having said that NB is improving. I would like to see the young QB be more consistent with the open receivers.

Pyles a full back, we also have Dylan Martin at tight end. I'm talking about an actual receiver. Last year we had Johnson and Gladney. Both players were threats. We need someone else we can send out for a pass instead of throwing Gladney a deep ball almost every pass play.

Pyles a full back, we also have Dylan Martin at tight end. I'm talking about an actual receiver. Last year we had Johnson and Gladney. Both players were threats. We need someone else we can send out for a pass instead of throwing Gladney a deep ball almost every pass play.

+100000

I don't know what Van Alstyne has coming back at QB, but they will be decent. They are big, not near as tough as NB was though.

Honestly since Malakoff moved to region 3 I think NB has a really good chance at the regional championship. Those two would surely had a battle. Thank u UIL

I guess we are watching two different teams because Pyle has been a target quite a few times. Dylan has also been a target.