New Boston/ Mt Vernon. 1st dist game

OLEMAN

Just because they are targeted doesn't mean their position is wideout. Martin lines up as tight end and goes out for passes. Pyle plays full back and comes out of the backfield. On the outside we have Gladney and whoever else we throw out there. The receiver opposite of Gladney is a no factor. That can't be the case.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because they are targeted doesn't mean their position is wideout. Martin lines up as tight end and goes out for passes. Pyle plays full back and comes out of the backfield. On the outside we have Gladney and whoever else we throw out there. The receiver opposite of Gladney is a no factor. That can't be the case.

Your assessment, is quite accurate. Anytime Gladney is split out, its usually with Miller and just about 100% of the time, EVERYONE knows the pass is to Gladney. We need to have more recievers involved and more pass attempts to them, RB screen passes, check down passes, RB flares. We have the RB's that will make big plays happen when their out in space.

I'm willing to bet on 99% of the plays where Gladney is split out, there's a lesser athlete lined up across from him. Why not target him all the time?

Gladney is a great athlete no doubt! But we usually just send him on a go route and he's double covered for the most part. And sometime Gladney seems to be the only wide out going for a pass.

Gladney is a great athlete no doubt! But we usually just send him on a go route and he's double covered for the most part. And sometime Gladney seems to be the only wide out going for a pass.

Unfortunately I've seen Gladney stop his route or fail to come back and fight for the ball.

Personally I would put Pyle as a TE and figure out the full back position. Pyle has the best hands on the team, IMO. Also I think it is painfully obvious that when Miller is on the opposite side as receiver that the ball will not go his way. When you line up a 5'-6" receiver, unless he is wide open, nothing's going to happen. We need to get this corrected by playoffs.

I would like to see Devin Roberts kid line up as receiver. He's tall, quick and has good hands.

Unfortunately I've seen Gladney stop his route or fail to come back and fight for the ball.

Personally I would put Pyle as a TE and figure out the full back position. Pyle has the best hands on the team, IMO. Also I think it is painfully obvious that when Miller is on the opposite side as receiver that the ball will not go his way. When you line up a 5'-6" receiver, unless he is wide open, nothing's going to happen. We need to get this corrected by playoffs.

I would like to see Devin Roberts kid line up as receiver. He's tall, quick and has good hands.

+1 teams know miller isn't getting ball unless its a rare instance like you mentioned: Roberts could be a good option. I agree with you. I always thought TQ could be a good option. He seemed to have pretty good hands the few times we threw it to him last year. I remember last year he had a very impressive one handed catch... I believe it was in the playoffs.

+1 teams know miller isn't getting ball unless its a rare instance like you mentioned: Roberts could be a good option. I agree with you. I always thought TQ could be a good option. He seemed to have pretty good hands the few times we threw it to him last year. I remember last year he had a very impressive one handed catch... I believe it was in the playoffs.

I think the NB coaches are doing it right by utilizing a lot of short throws so the young QB can get his confidence. A long ball once or twice to keep the defense honest.

NB by 7..NB pulls away in the 4th

LOL. What an assp. I guess you need to take as many pokes at the Lions prior to the Tigers being striped Down and poked the last game of the regular season..

The NB counselors will have a station set up at the North end of the field. Someone to talk to to get you thru these tough times. Take an asperin and come see us next season

NB by 7..NB pulls away in the 4th

LOL. What an assp. I guess you need to take as many pokes at the Lions prior to the Tigers being striped Down and poked the last game of the regular season..

The NB counselors will have a station set up at the North end of the field. Someone to talk to to get you thru these tough times. Take an asperin and come see us next season.

All this because I think NB will lead 17 to 7 at the half

TQ's one handed grab

TQ.JPG