Joaquin at Timpson

trueblue82

The Rams (2-2) travel 20 miles west to take on the Bears (0-3). The Rams are coming off of 36-6 win over Groveton, which followed up a 30-28 nail biter over Cayuga. They opened the season with consecutive losses to Tenaha and Woodville. The Bears are coming off of a loss to Lovelady, which followed losses in weeks 1 and 2 to AllSaints and Harleton. Both teams need to go into their district races off of a win. The Bears have to deal with Tenaha, Maud, Mt. Enterprise, Overton and Fruitvale in District 11 2A D2. The Rams will face Shelbyville, West Sabine, San Augustine, Cushing and Beckville in District 10 2A D1. Interesting fact: the two teams have met four times in the Gandy area at Joaquin. All four have been Ram blowouts, including a 42-14 thrashing of a Bears team that came to Ram Stadium with a 8-0 record in 2012. With most teams having a bye week this week, I expect a lot of "extra" fans at this one, particularly from Shelbyville and Tenaha. This is the ONLY game in Shelby County this week.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want every team in our district to beat Shelbyville! Would be an early Christmas present for me!

Im even gonna say I like beckville more than shelbyville they've turned out to be a bunch of punks who can't handle winning. If they finished last in district I would buy land in shelbyville and build a ram shrine on it lmao.

I think the Bears best chance is to go aerial! Marshal and Shakur may be busy come Friday.

The Ram D has improved tremendously against the pass. Freshman CB Kase Yates is playing with a cast on one arm, and still pulled down his first career interception in the endzone last night. The other corner is also a freshman, Trey Wilkerson. Kid can jump out of the gym. Those two, along with Peyton Martinez, have allowed Belrose and Rico to move up to the line of scrimmage to help stop the run. Those kids are growing up fast.

The Ram D has improved tremendously against the pass. Freshman CB Kase Yates is playing with a cast on one arm, and still pulled down his first career interception in the endzone last night. The other corner is also a freshman, Trey Wilkerson. Kid can jump out of the gym. Those two, along with Peyton Martinez, have allowed Belrose and Rico to move up to the line of scrimmage to help stop the run. Those kids are growing up fast.

yes they are groowiing up every week but they will have to become men when we get to district joaquin takes this one and we go to 3-2 to start district. there will be no easy games when we start district. man i cant wait till next week go rams

Guest AsYouWere

I had hope for Timpson early on. Offense looked improved but defense was still struggling. Joaquin should really control this game.

And it nice to know y'all think about the Dragons so much. Keep wishing and hoping. We will keep working!

I do to....... They used to have a cable running down by the end zone on the visitor side that was way to close to the field. I nearly lost body parts from that cable. That was their 12th man cause it took out opposing players and they knew how to use it to their advantage lol. If you can't tell hayseed I still carry a grudge over that cable lol.

Is shelbyville's field still a catch pen for worming cows during the summer. I imagine Azure or Anadarko has probably upgraded it for them by now surely.

The school board just voted to add turf after football season ends. And they're paying CASH for it. They're doing something right!