Joaquin at Timpson

trueblue82

It may not be wise to use the Groveton passing game as a measuring stick for your pass defense. Just sayin

No one is using Groveton as a measuring stick. Our pass D has looked much better overall this year, and considering our secondary is 2 sophomores and 2 freshmen, it's only going to get better each game. Timpson's QB is an outstanding athlete. He has some good looking receivers. They struggled catching the ball last year. If they ever do start catching it consistently, they'll be dangerous. We haven't seen that consistency yet. As far as this game, if they can't stop the run (and Joaquin has hung 40+ on them the last two years, plus they're 0-3 this year with at least two of those being run-heavy offenses), they'll have to score on every possession to stay in the game. Keep in mind, Joaquin has yet to play a game without a turnover. Their last 3 games, including the Woodville loss, the only thing stopping them is themselves. Woodville, Cayuga, and Groveton all failed to get stops without being aided by a penalty or a self-inflicted turnover. These aren't strips, cough-ups from hard hits, or interceptions. They were mistakes by us. As those are cut down, the pressure is on the defense to make plays to get off the field. If that doesn't happen, the pressure is on your offense to score on every possession. Can Timpson do that both of those? So far, they haven't done either.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Joaquin gets 4-5 yards on first down consistently, game over.

No way Timpson can pass their way to a win. Can they score? Probably. Can they keep it interesting? Probably not. They cannot stop the run. Just my 2 cents.

What little they might can throw lol! I do think they need to rename them to the Timpson Cubs!

i dont know if the recievers start catching better then they can make a game of it that is if they can stop the run. we'll see come friday. go rams and i pray for no injuries to either team.

How's timpsons front seven? That's all that matters. If Joaquin can consistently get 4-5 yards on first down, game over.

Don't care about timpsons passing ability. Point is irrelevant.

If Joaquin can get 4-5 yards consistently on first down me J,Lo, and Kaley Cuoco will ride over to your place, on my hover-cycle, and I will apologize on our way to vote for Joe Biden.

If Joaquin can get 4-5 yards consistently on first down me, J-Lo, and Kaley Cuoco will ride over to your place, on my hover-cycle, and I will apologize on our way to vote for Joe Biden.

tyROdzN.gif

Corn flakes. All over my keyboard.

that's funny, but I do expect us to get 4-5 yards every play. Guess will see Friday. The Rams have always played well in Timpson. I don't believe that will change.

Let em laugh now they gonna be crying later.

Tell Timpson they better keep one man way back. Lol. Specially if they see Belrose hit the edge. He'll be coming like a freight train!! Choo Choo!! Haha.

i've Heard there not as good this year?

Their young.

Papaw always said you can play with freshmen, compete with sophomores, and win with juniors&seniors. Joaquin is loaded with sophomores and freshmen. Their gonna be able to compete. Might not be a championship type season but they'll be in the mix.

Is Joaquin really all that? Guess I didn't realize Woodville and Cayuga were so tough. Hmmmm???

Is Timpson winless? Who have they played? All Saints?...ok.

i've Heard there not as good this year?

Joaquin is very young. I've seen as many as 5 freshmen on the field at one time on defense, and not in a blowout. Was in a very tight game. (They got the W BTW). Starting offense is 4 seniors, 4 soph, 3 juniors. The more they iron out the mistakes, the better they look. Still, a very tough district for a team that young.

Joaquin is very young. I've seen as many as 5 freshmen on the field at one time on defense, and not in a blowout. Was in a very tight game. (They got the W BTW). Starting offense is 4 seniors, 4 soph, 3 juniors. The more they iron out the mistakes, the better they look. Still, a very tough district for a team that young.

Not the only young team either is what's scary about this district.

SA starts 4 seniors, 2 juniors, 4 sophomores and a freshman on offense. Their next 2 guys off the bench are a freshman and a sophomore.

have you played them lately

No disrespect intended, but Woodville won't make the playoffs in a "B" caliber AAA District and Cayuga most likely will not losing to Carlisle in a District with Alto in front and the rest of the district a cut above average.

Joaquin has a long way to go to be considered a quality football team. Joaquin will be 4th this year in this district, at best. B'ville and Cushing both play styles that match up well against the Rams.

Best case scenario is that Joaquin plays a great game vs WS for an upset and hangs on to beat Cushing and B'ville. They are completely out-classed by both S'ville and SA.

Again, not trying to stir a pot of anything, just simply talking football. Joaquin would do themselves a favor if they would simply be more objective about where they actually stand as a quality team at this time.