Chapel Hill vs Brownsboro

Stankylegg

DOD Opener  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Brownsboro
    • Chapel Hill

CH leads the series 14-10. The last time BB won against CH was in 2006, 33-14. That was the last time that BB had a deep playoff run, I believe they lost to Celina that year in the 4th round.

The first time these two played was in 1953 with BB winning 46-0.

The lastl matchup was in 2011, with CH winning 49-21 in BB. That was just one of the wins in the perfect 15-0 state championship season for the dogs.

The teams didn't play between 1969 and 1996. Since 1996, the series is 6-2 CH.

Hoping for CH to be a consistent team from here on out!!! These guys have what it takes to make a deep run and have gone thru some battle tested games mentally and physically, but have also experienced some disappointments they can learn from and have a shot to be DISTRICT CHAMPION and make a deep run to state. Yes I said STATE!!!! Not afraid to say it either.

Still think the predictions would have been a win. But, it'd be by about one TD instead.

That's exactly what I thought. Beating Tatum makes people realize CH isn't a complete slouch. Lindale was the first game for most of these kids and it looked it. WH was a 10 point ballgame that Impressed me. Paris was a sloppy win, and PNG was a sloppy loss. This week the effort was much much higher and was not as sloppy in areas. CH can definitely work on the penalties, and the KO coverage to start off with. Also, the defense had some contain issues when #11 came in to QB for Tatum. Konnor needs to keep working hard and try to get his completion percentage up and improve his TD:INT ratio. Of he is out of the pocket, he needs to get rid of the ball instead of taking a sack or running out of bounds for a loss. Above all the kids need to stay motivated through the bye week and not take BB light hearted. Keep the intensity and effort high and they will get a couple more wins before they have a real chance at shocking some folks with what they can do.

Good grief it's bronsboro you guys could got beaten by 60 against a Tatum and many would still expect a W . This and Palestine will be your easiest games.

I agree that CH would have still been predicted to win, but when a team is 1-4 outsiders tend to look at the record and believe less in a teams ability to win. I bet folks would have been saying "CH in a close one."

Good grief it's bronsboro you guys could got beaten by 60 against a Tatum and many would still expect a W . This and Palestine will be your easiest games.

I agree that CH would have still been predicted to win, but when a team is 1-4 outsiders tend to look at the record and believe less in a teams ability to win. I bet folks would have been saying "CH in a close one."

Guess that's reason everyone saying Carthage and Kilgore are down. Kilgore played well against stiff competition and Carthage not so much. Kilgore is still the front runner imo.

Yeah. Things will become more clear as the big 4 start to play each other. The Henderson/Carthage game will be the one to watch this week. It will really tell if Carthage is really a 1-4 type team and if Henderson is really a 4-1 type team.

I still say

CH 5-0

Kilgore 4-1 (loss to CH)

Henderson 3-2 ( loss to Kilgore & CH)

Carthage 2-3 ( loss to CH, Henderson, Kilgore)

Right now I think Kilgore will be the toughest competition for the dogs. I hope they can take care if business against them.

I still say

CH 5-0

Kilgore 4-1 (loss to CH)

Henderson 3-2 ( loss to Kilgore & CH)

Carthage 2-3 ( loss to CH, Henderson, Kilgore)

Yea i think Ch has improved and kilgore is going to be tough whomever they play.Also think Henderson and Carthage is equal imo. Henderson or carthage could very well be in the top 2...we will see soon.