Waskom@Frankston

cottontop

No, but it will be the first time in a loooooong time!

I typed just the opposite of what I was thinking.

I meant to say yes, but it had been a long time.

I was thinking that the 87/88 season Waskom was 1st & EF was 2nd, but I could be wrong.

Garrison may have been 2nd that year.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have to come watch the Wa-Arp match up and tailgate with you guys. EF plays at Lobo on Saturday that week. I will remain strictly neutral, but I don't think I could bring myself to sit on the home side.....lol.

Who do y'all play on Saturday?

I typed just the opposite of what I was thinking.

I meant to say yes, but it had been a long time.

I was thinking that the 87/88 season Waskom was 1st & EF was 2nd, but I could be wrong.

Garrison may have been 2nd that year.

'72 (1) Waskom (2) EF

'73 (1) Waskom (2) EF

'74 (1) Waskom (2) EF

'75 (1) Tatum (2) Waskom (3) EF

2nd didn't get squat "back-in-the-day"!!

Please pray for one of Waskom's volleyball coaches. Was involved in a wreck on hey 80 by catfish village this evening. They are at the hospital. Her husband was released, coach Norris/Cantu is in good spirits, they are running tests on unborn baby.

praying from Elysian Fields,

Please pray for one of Waskom's volleyball coaches. Was involved in a wreck on hey 80 by catfish village this evening. They are at the hospital. Her husband was released, coach Norris/Cantu is in good spirits, they are running tests on unborn baby.

Praying

Now, Steel, you need to rethink that. Sitting on the winning side is much more fun than sitting on the losing. You should already know that though. :) Besides, I just heard it on that sideline show thing. Arp is a tier 2 team.

Your right, is more fun sitting on the winning side. I will tell you last friday was the most exciting losing game I have been at that I can remember....lol.

Frankston played Hughes Springs very close in last year's playoffs and brought most everyone back. Yet, nobody is giving them a chance to even play Waskom close. They are the home team, and it is a good ways to travel for the Wildcats. And, the Wildcats have yet to put a complete game together this year. (Not counting PP). With things going as they have been, could be a nailbiter! <_<

Frankston played Hughes Springs very close in last year's playoffs and brought most everyone back. Yet, nobody is giving them a chance to even play Waskom close. They are the home team, and it is a good ways to travel for the Wildcats. And, the Wildcats have yet to put a complete game together this year. (Not counting PP). With things going as they have been, could be a nailbiter! <_<

I think you are right, Mostly, except I have never seen anything in their pedigree to show they can win a big game. In other words they have, at least in my recent memory not pulled an upset of any kind.

Saw this on Pigskin Prep

Regional rating Pk 3A - 8 (18) Elysian Fields (9-3) 137.61 3A - 8 (5) Waskom (11-1) 154.66 17

Wild how does Arps path look. I hope we do good against Waskom but i'm not as big of a Homer as JJ but still have the Tiger Pride. Just hope for no injury's and meet in one of the later rounds.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud

Frankston concerns me, only due to the fact I know NOTHING about them cept they are primarily a passing team with a "60 foot tree" for a WR!! IF we're able to put pressure o the QB, should win handily. IF he has time to get ball off to "60 foot tree", could make it closer. If that's all the weapons they have, Waskom should win big. As we've proven, we've got more than The J&J Show for weapons. BLITZ ON CATZ.

WAskom 49 (Why not three games in a row)

Frankston 21 (Subs get play some here)

P.S. DO NOT stop at the Cracker Barrel in Lindale to eat to or from the game!! ;)

I have not checked mileage, but I know some usually take the 43 to Henderson 79 to Jacksonville, 175 to Frankston route when coming home from Shreveiport. I would think it to be shorter, but maybe not the fastest route over. Got some 2 lane driving that way for sure.

Hope to run down and check out the Waskom talent pool this evening, weather permitting.

Wild how does Arps path look. I hope we do good against Waskom but i'm not as big of a Homer as JJ but still have the Tiger Pride. Just hope for no injury's and meet in one of the later rounds.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Spud

Remember these are just based on power rating numbers, they have Arp beating Paul Pewitt, losing to Gunter by one point. If you beat Gunter you would play Hughes Springs in Regional and you would be a favorite in that game and you would play Waskom in the Quarters if they beat EF. Waskom would be a 9 point favorite at this time. Power ratings can change if you don't cover the point spread.

I have not checked mileage, but I know some usually take the 43 to Henderson 79 to Jacksonville, 175 to Frankston route when coming home from Shreveiport. I would think it to be shorter, but maybe not the fastest route over. Got some 2 lane driving that way for sure.

Hope to run down and check out the Waskom talent pool this evening, weather permitting.

I think you will see some very good players. 8th grade is loaded 7th grade is fairly good hasn't lost a game yet. 8th grade hasn't been challenged yet.