Van vs. Athens

ThatDude12

4 days til game day. Van is ranked better than Athens but the Hornets have shown what their capable of. I think both teams will come prepared and this will be 4 qtrs of hard hitting football. This could be one of the best games of the week in East Texas. In the end I think Van takes it by 10 points.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens will surprise Van just like they surprised Waco Robinson.

I'm not taking anything from Van they are a very good team but I think the teams Athens played in preseason even scrimmaged has helped them become a better football team (excluding Rusk & Diboll. I'm sure Van has gone through the same.

Athens usually plays sorry teams and scrimmages poor teams even year and I truly think this year Athens stepped up. Given the fact that Athens lost to Hallsville I honestly believe their are a lot of negative things Athens fixed after that game.

Van will give Athens everything they have and if Athens can handle it and play the way they played against Waco Robinson or even better it will be another close win for Athens

Regional Polls .... http://www.theathleticsdepartment.com/football/poll/coaches/?yr=2014&clas=3

Incidentally, Research shows ...

1.) The school with the highest enrollment wins 58% of the time

2.) The school that is playing at home wins 62% of the time

3.) The school with the best record going into the game wins 64% of the time

4.) The school with the team scoring the most points wins 99.99% of the time

(allows for later forfeits for playing ineligible players)

The AP poll is terrible, I agree. Polls are useless anyways. It's all about who is still playing in December. Having said that I do believe Van is one of the best 10 teams in 4A-I but we all know that Athens is no pushover. I'm confident that the Vandals will not take Athens lightly.

Athens is much better than that. Plus it will be very difficult to get enough possessions to score 56 unless they turn it over a bunch or Van completely shuts down the Athens running attack (unlikely). Their offense eats up a lot of clock. I think Van can score on offense they just need the D to get a few stops. It will probably be a close game.

I believe RAIN is forcasted. All this buildup and then it rains.

Bummer. Oh well, it is football and I have a poncho and an umbrella...but this is one of those games I wish could be played in good weather. I'd like to see both teams able to play to their full potential.