Atlanta vs. PG...Who ya got?!

roxyball17

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 point dog to PITT. Won that one 26-25.

21 point dog to NB. I felt like they shoulda won that one. Lost 17-14

13 point favorite to LK. Won 41-8.

13 point favorite to QF. Won 35-14

7 point dog to JEFF. Won 34-7.

Look, none of the above really means anything but; PG is vastly improved over the last few years. I really believe that IF (and only if) PG slows the tempo of the game down, controls the ball, & plays D like they have been playing; They will win against ATL. There is no doubt that ATL can flat out play. I just don't think they have been challenged yet. Now it is True that ATL was down to Henderson 9-7 at halftime but; from what I understand, a couple big plays by Henderson was all that kept them in the game. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

Look, none of the above really means anything but; PG is vastly improved over the last few years. I really believe that IF (and only if) PG slows the tempo of the game down, controls the ball, & plays D like they have been playing; They will win against ATL. There is no doubt that ATL can flat out play. I just don't think they have been challenged yet. Now it is True that ATL was down to Henderson 9-7 at halftime but; from what I understand, a couple big plays by Henderson was all that kept them in the game. I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

You also have to understand Pitt was a bust, QF is terrible and all the other three you are way smaller schools you should beat them. 40 second play clock will help you guys out a lot if you get first downs.

You also have to understand Pitt was a bust, QF is terrible and all the other three you are way smaller schools you should beat them. 40 second play clock will help you guys out a lot if you get first downs.

The point was that spreads & etc....don't mean anything. I was just pointing out that if PG did what had been expected all year by the legions of people predicting their demise.......... they should be 1-4 and it aint worked out that way. AND I am not trying to stir the pot but; by your comments listed above, Shouldn't that have been true of LE's games against Gilmer, ATL & TTM? Granted, those schools are MUCH more talented than the three we played but LE's enrollment is substancially larger than the three smaller schools you played. The fact is, LE could have fared better against ATL. They just made too many mistakes & ATL made em pay. My prior post was that if PG did what they needed to do, a win would be likely. BUT, PG needs to go out & do it. AND, I agree with you PG will have to work the clock.

Unless PG Has improved a WHOLE lot or the Pitt game was the worst game they have played , I think this game could get out of hand pretty early! Nothing against PG but Atlanta is for real

Unless PG Has improved a WHOLE lot or the Pitt game was the worst game they have played , I think this game could get out of hand pretty early! Nothing against PG but Atlanta is for real

No, PG played very inspired football when they beat Pittsburg. It was like a playoff game for PG. Pittsburg didn't know right from left or north from south. NB is not as good as the past couple of seasons. Atlanta can be beaten but not by PG.

No, PG played very inspired football when they beat Pittsburg. It was like a playoff game for PG. Pittsburg didn't know right from left or north from south. NB is not as good as the past couple of seasons. Atlanta can be beaten but not by PG.

Wouldn't call spotting the pirates 15 points very inspiring. However, Pitt couldn't do much of anything the rest of the night.

Wouldn't call spotting the pirates 15 points very inspiring. However, Pitt couldn't do much of anything the rest of the night.

PG never quit was the point that I was making. Pittsburg's offense was horrible and even had a couple of chances to put the game away but didn't know how. It was a below par effort on Pittsburg side and above par on PG's side.

it may get ugly quick is my prediction then! But ya never know

PG is playing good ball right now. talked to somebody today who told me that the kids in the Grove have a high confidence level and feel like they can win any game they play. New coach has got them boy believing and they've bought into that system totally! this isnt going to be the cakewalk that people think it's going to be.

their coach has found a way to match up the wing-t with a twist. they huddle up and set the play, then that sprint to the line and get the play off in like 3 seconds and barely give the defense a chance to get set. they make not break it for 60 yards on a play but if they can rip off three and for yards at a time then they can keep grinding and keep the chains moving.

its going to be a tough match up and i have no doubt that the Hawks are more than ready to welcome us into their house to start district with.

don't discount PG because im telling you they're a lot better than what people want to give them credit for.

That's a photoshopped sign but still funny:)

Atlanta just needs to not worry about it. I know PG is much improved but don't go and wear yourselves out with extra practice or any special preparation. Y'all have bigger games to think about. As a matter of fact, y'all shouldn't even practice. Take a couple of weeks off, y'all deserve it. This should be easy peasy.

PGDad, I realize it's a Atl/PG thread and it's why I said it was off subject but I just found what I overheard interested and wanted to share... I know Atl or PG aren't looking ahead past this game

Yeah...I guess that joke went over your head. I'll make sure my humorous comments have less altitude.