Atlanta vs. PG...Who ya got?!

roxyball17

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlanta just needs to not worry about it. I know PG is much improved but don't go and wear yourselves out with extra practice or any special preparation. Y'all have bigger games to think about. As a matter of fact, y'all shouldn't even practice. Take a couple of weeks off, y'all deserve it. This should be easy peasy.

don't worry PGDAD, we'll prepare for you exactly the same way we've prepared for NB,DAINGERFIELD,HENDERSON,PITTSBURG and LE. our staff isn't taking anybody lightly or figureing we've got a game off. and the only person on here saying this should be an easy game for Atlanta is you. i've been saying all along that you guys are legit and will give us fits. if you can find a post from me that states otherwise please quote it on here. you'll get the same amount of respect we've givin everybody else plus a bit more considering it's the first game of district. so if you think our kids and staff are looking past you to Gladewater then too bad. you'll get the same "A" game we've brought to the last five opponents.

Speaking of the city champ thing, this would have been a great year for all of the Texarkana teams to play one another. None of the 4 are very good this year. NO OFFENSE to any of them but usually one of the teams has a shot to play deep in the playoffs and this year none of the 4 will get out of the 2nd round and maybe not the 1st. I mentioned earlier that LE has a chance to play a round or 2 IF they get a good draw. Texas High will get in and probably be one and done and maybe get to round 2 with a good draw. PG will probably get 4th and play Gilmer and Arakansas High..well they wont play long either. I wish the best to all 4 and hope all prove me wrong.

Again, 4 teams per district going to the playoffs!!!! CMON MAN

ATL is very large and physical on the Dline, i think they'll be in the PG backfield before the play can develope. i like PG's enthusiasm and never quit attitude but in the end, ATL's overall talent in all positions will prevail.

gets ugly after half

don't worry PGDAD, we'll prepare for you exactly the same way we've prepared for NB,DAINGERFIELD,HENDERSON,PITTSBURG and LE. our staff isn't taking anybody lightly or figureing we've got a game off. and the only person on here saying this should be an easy game for Atlanta is you. i've been saying all along that you guys are legit and will give us fits. if you can find a post from me that states otherwise please quote it on here. you'll get the same amount of respect we've givin everybody else plus a bit more considering it's the first game of district. so if you think our kids and staff are looking past you to Gladewater then too bad. you'll get the same "A" game we've brought to the last five opponents.

Hope you guys are enjoying those 4 new coaches who spent some time at DeKalb over the past few years. I know we sure enjoyed having them!

Hope you guys are enjoying those 4 new coaches who spent some time at DeKalb over the past few years. I know we sure enjoyed having them!

i love this staff and how they opperate. they seem to all be on the same page and clicking. Coach McClure has assembled a great staff and it shows in how the kids are playing this year.

Hell yeah we would! I bet we'd give em a good fight:)

Sounds like yall have some stuff to be pretty excited about ! Do you see a realistic chance of sneaking in at the 2nd or 3rd spot in district by chance ? This district has to be one of it not the toughest district in d2!

Thats why the game is played!!! But everyone has their predictions , and with 4 teams going I was just curious what he thought about his team!

All I ever really hear about in our district is GW , Atlanta , and Tatum , so its good to see another ready to make some noise!

All I ever really hear about in our district is GW , Atlanta , and Tatum , so its good to see another ready to make some noise!

The afore mentioned are still the favorites but they better not sleep on the Hawks. PG seems to be getting better every week. I at this point say the Hawks take the number 4 seed over Center

The fans believe and the players believe they can beat anyone and that is half of the battle. Coach Gibson understands what PG is fixing to come up against because he has mentioned it many times in the paper. I think the district ends like this:

1. Atlanta

2. Gladewater

3. Tatum

4. PG

5 Center

6. Spring Hill

Don't know much about Gladewater except what I'm hearing and reading. Good luck