LE @ Paris

CanAm

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if we can correct our play up front in two weeks -Steve Wells Texarkana Gazette.

Hmm maybe try some more kids have some DTs flip over to offense??? Idk maybe some more teaching one of our tackles hold evertime he gets beat he doesn't know his steps they don't fire off the ball preach that to them they're very capable kids you have to know how to bring out the best in them. I never seen a LE O-line so lazy if the QB wasn't quick on his feet we would've given up plenty of sacks by now.

I'm not convinced this LE team is going far this year. They're young and not learning very fast, and I don't blame the coaches. I've been out there and the coaches are teaching and doing their best to motivate. Heard the kids are all going to the movies tonight for a little motivation.

I'm not convinced this LE team is going far this year. They're young and not learning very fast, and I don't blame the coaches. I've been out there and the coaches are teaching and doing their best to motivate. Heard the kids are all going to the movies tonight for a little motivation.

so they are going to the movies after practice?

LE is going to be fine! ya'll just need to let your QB break loose more often. that kid is a STUD!!!!! he ripped us for rediculous yardage when the plays broke down. i'd love to see him in a more QB option oriented offense where he can read off the LB's and the DE's and make the decision whether to keep it, throw it or pitch it to the option back. im telling you that LE has nasty speed and they can break one on you at anytime. your o-line just needs to gel a bit more and start holding the line a bit better.

on defense you guys just need to settle down and play your positions. it's there. it's just a matter of listening to the coaches and playing your positions. this isnt the train wreck that some people in this thread say it is.

I'd say LE played probably the most brutal schedule of any team in any classification in pre-season. i promise that your district isnt going to bring any surprises that you haven't already seen before. the only team that may rival LE's preseason is Daingerfield and both are struggling right now and all of the buzzards are circling looking for a cadaver to eat.

i think LE is going to be fine. the best thing that happened right now is that you've got an open week and they can re-group and heal up and get ready for the opener.

it's not as bad as everybody thinks.

FYI if you guys keep beating up on the school board and the coaches we're gonna delete the thread and you guys are going to have to spend a few days away from here. that was pretty weak and pathetic. if you've got that much of an issue with either the board or the coaches you need to have the stones to go confront them directly instead of sitting on here hiding behind a keyboard and talking the way you have. it's pretty embarrasing actually.

all of the players have read what you have posted by now and then they have to go back into the field house and work for the coaches and try and get better, plus what you said about the board. it's really pathetic to be honest.

im assuming your all adults and if you were either one of the coaches or on the board and you read that and new that the students and your families had to read that gutter bilge im sure you'd have a very different opinion of what you posted.

i honestly think you owe both the coaching staff and the people on the board an apologie.

LE is going to be fine! ya'll just need to let your QB break loose more often. that kid is a STUD!!!!! he ripped us for rediculous yardage when the plays broke down. i'd love to see him in a more QB option oriented offense where he can read off the LB's and the DE's and make the decision whether to keep it, throw it or pitch it to the option back. im telling you that LE has nasty speed and they can break one on you at anytime. your o-line just needs to gel a bit more and start holding the line a bit better.

on defense you guys just need to settle down and play your positions. it's there. it's just a matter of listening to the coaches and playing your positions. this isnt the train wreck that some people in this thread say it is.

I'd say LE played probably the most brutal schedule of any team in any classification in pre-season. i promise that your district isnt going to bring any surprises that you haven't already seen before. the only team that may rival LE's preseason is Daingerfield and both are struggling right now and all of the buzzards are circling looking for a cadaver to eat.

i think LE is going to be fine. the best thing that happened right now is that you've got an open week and they can re-group and heal up and get ready for the opener.

it's not as bad as everybody thinks.

+1 Rabfan..seems like I have said just about the same things. Great minds think alike!! Its never as good as you think and never as bad as you think either.

????? I wonder when they will learn?

fyi no one beat up board or coaches. you guys get real sensitive if some one questions a coach or decisions . now that is weak and pathetic trying to censor a poster for questioning decisions. wow! no particular board or coach was named so you are making assumptions. you might want to do your research before you reveal your sensitivity. I understand everyone cant handle the truth, so they have it censored by deleting posts. that is really pathetic to be honest. im am assuming you are an adult and if I were one of the coaches or on the board I realize that by being either I will be criticized and constantly held accountable for my position and decisions good or bad . holding these positions require "stones" . apologize? wow! for what? stating facts about past decisions and questioning play calling and track record of coaches systems or preparedness.LOL!!!! I honestly think you are way too sensitive and I owe no one an apology!

by the way 99.9% of posters are sitting on here hiding behind a keyboard and screenname including yourself. don't think for a second that I don't know you laughing inside about us getting a taste of what yall been tasting for the last several years. makes your threat and sarcasm seem very hypocritical !

What movie did they go see?

+1 Rabfan..seems like I have said just about the same things. Great minds think alike!! Its never as good as you think and never as bad as you think either.

Sometimes it is worse than you want to believe. Coaching a nd kids have changed so much the past few years . Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the not so good. There are peaks and pot holes and speed bumps. There is not much any fan can do to change what happens on the practice field or on Friday nights during the season.

Guys I have agreed with some of the coaching problems in the past years, but not this year.

In Atlanta, I saw coaches on the sideline yelling encouraging things to the players, trying to build them up.

But the fact is, you can teach a kid to tackle, but you can go out there on the field and do it for him. We have

missed more tackles that I can wrap my heard around the last 2 games. (Tatum and Atlanta) we would get to the QB in the backfield,

have him on the run, then miss 3 tackles and he's gone for a first down and more.

If you have never been a coach, then you really can't understand things like that. From what I have seen it is just a lack of execution.

Guys I have agreed with some of the coaching problems in the past years, but not this year.

In Atlanta, I saw coaches on the sideline yelling encouraging things to the players, trying to build them up.

But the fact is, you can teach a kid to tackle, but you can go out there on the field and do it for him. We have

missed more tackles that I can wrap my heard around the last 2 games. (Tatum and Atlanta) we would get to the QB in the backfield,

have him on the run, then miss 3 tackles and he's gone for a first down and more.

If you have never been a coach, then you really can't understand things like that. From what I have seen it is just a lack of execution.

Said the same thing about catching the ball and actually seen some improvement my theory is that it took Atlanta four years to be a well oiled machine, so idk I might just take some time. As far as coaching goes I cant say too much haven't been to nothing but one game, but what i have seen on defense I know we have missed a few tackles but it would be nice to attack more often then wait for them to attack us HS Quarterbacks are easily rattled that's why u see most team blitz us and that results in turnovers

Yes alot of tackles missed and yes coaches can't tackle on the field. But I don't know which sidelines you were watching, but I didn't see but one sideline of what you described. Don't assume that people on this post haven't coached before and you don't have to be a coach to know football and athletes. As I stated before I feel part of the issue is timing of getting your defensive calls to players because if they get call as offense is snapping ball yes they will be out of position and steps behind play and yes being behind you will see missed tackles. Also someone else noticed the zone defense is causing confusion sometimes you have to make adjustments to what you are calling . You can't just ride it out because that what you want to run. You have to make in game adjustments and if players aren't responding you have a sideline full kids waiting for their chance.

Yes alot of tackles missed and yes coaches can't tackle on the field. But I don't know which sidelines you were watching, but I didn't see but one sideline of what you described. Don't assume that people on this post haven't coached before and you don't have to be a coach to know football and athletes. As I stated before I feel part of the issue is timing of getting your defensive calls to players because if they get call as offense is snapping ball yes they will be out of position and steps behind play and yes being behind you will see missed tackles. Also someone else noticed the zone defense is causing confusion sometimes you have to make adjustments to what you are calling . You can't just ride it out because that what you want to run. You have to make in game adjustments and if players aren't responding you have a sideline full kids waiting for their chance.

I understand this too I say let them all get a shot that so we will have good dept Gilmer plays everybody Lol not just during a blowout, but I guess u can do that when ur Gilmer lol.

Discipline problems were evident to everyone at the game. Throwing of helmets and throwing fits is totally unacceptable! Who is responsible for discipline? Who is responsible for accountability? Who is responsible for in game adjustments? So should we hold anyone accountable for anything? Does wiseguy know the answers to these questions?

We have great kids and some good coaches. But the point some of us are making is that we expect and have high standards for our coaches and players! Constructive criticism is necessary at time to open minds and foster accountability! Get out of your feelings and quit being sensitive to every poster that doesn't agree with what's going on with their team.alot of you can dish it out but you can't take it.