LE @ Paris

CanAm

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a way Paris can punch the ball in from the inch line in any one of four plays. Hey I know! What if they put the QB under center and let him fall forward? Welp, I'm done brain racking for the day.

My thoughts exactly when it happened. Do they have to center the ball back 5 yards to the QB at the 1 yard line 4 times in a row?

They can take the spread and shove it as far as I'm concerned. Run your basic I formation and LEARN it. Learn how to do different things out of it. Very versatile no matter the type talent you have.

There's a certain team out west I'm big fans of and that's what they do with great success.

So many teams running spread or pistol and won't deviate from those formations. Running multiple offenses makes a high school team hard to defend. Run spread , pistol and pro style I formations. All of these can be situational formations for all styles of defenses. Too many high schools are one dimensional.

Yea I was thinking the same thing the other day, Texas High school football in particular is mostly one diminsional(spread) and that's why they struggle against out of state teams. It is also making our kids soft no more Real D-tackles and Linebackers are coming out of Texas any more but maybe a few

So many teams running spread or pistol and won't deviate from those formations. Running multiple offenses makes a high school team hard to defend. Run spread , pistol and pro style I formations. All of these can be situational formations for all styles of defenses. Too many high schools are one dimensional.

Carthage does a great job at running a multiple offense. You have to have the players all on the same page for each formation for it to work, though. Sometimes when your team is young they get confused, which can hurt your execution. There's nothing "wrong" with running the spread if you have the athletes to do it. There are times, however, where I would love to see some smashmouth, under-the-center plays for a short yardage situation.