Maud vs Harleton

67footballFan

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the game.

My unprofessional opinion is that Maud is running an offense not suited to the abilities of their players.

I saw some big kids on the sidelines that were not in the game while undersized players were put in as tackles on defense.

I think Maud would do well with a pro-I style offense and run the ball at least 80% of the time. This would take pressure off of the QB.

I think Maud would have the biggest offensive line (and defensive line) in 2A in this area if the right kids were utilized.

The game was lost more by Maud more than it was won by Harleton.

I saw the game. Harleton outhit Maud and contolled the ball. Maud was never in the game after the first series. I was disappointed in some of Maud's penalties. I also know that teams will have an off game sometimes and this could of been Maud's.I have always had a lot of respect for Maud and its people. Good luck the rest of the year.

Harleton is a lot better than people gave credit and maud is not as good as people think. Harleton may very we'll win their district. Say what you want about last nights game but Harleton owned maud and in my opinion was by far the best team of the two. If you watched the game you could easily see Harleton was prepared maud was not. I would venture to say that Harleton would beat maud 5 out of 5 times if they played that many times this year. Maud will struggle to take third in their district.

Harleton is a lot better than people gave credit and maud is not as good as people think. Harleton may very we'll win their district. Say what you want about last nights game but Harleton owned maud and in my opinion was by far the best team of the two. If you watched the game you could easily see Harleton was prepared maud was not. I would venture to say that Harleton would beat maud 5 out of 5 times if they played that many times this year. Maud will struggle to take third in their district.

I saw the game also and Maud has better athletes. But the athletes are not utilized properly.

When you put two of the smallest kids on the team on the two defensive fronts it's not a mystery that Harleton ran straight up the gut many times for big gains.

You load the Maud offensive line with heavy weights and run the ball out of the I formation, mixing it up with a few passes using TE's on short routes and Maud would be hard to stop.

What has happened to Maud! They had such high expectations coming into this season. They returned a bunch of kids on both sides of the ball from a team that made the playoffs last year. I hear they got a good QB but is sounds like they put too much pressure on him and want him to do more then he is capable of...

What has happened to Maud! They had such high expectations coming into this season. They returned a bunch of kids on both sides of the ball from a team that made the playoffs last year. I hear they got a good QB but is sounds like they put too much pressure on him and want him to do more then he is capable of...

+1. Now I've heard that Maud's #1 receiver is out with a broken collar bone.

If there are that many returners on both sides of the ball and the Cardinals went 7-3 last year and undefeated in district then it doesn't appear that there is a problem with the offensive or defensive scheme......I think they ran the same offense and defense as they did last year.