North Lamar @ Pittsburg

downtheline

As of right now Caleb will start at Qb and far as wr with height that's always a plus, but they have smaller guys that can catch and run good routes and I would mixed it up with sir Charles or one of the other qb and # 6 is there best wr alone with sir Charles

Just can't keep throwing to 2 receivers all game. In the Atlanta game they through it to Sir Charles for a incomplete pass and the TE was wide open in the end zone. They got weapons they need to use.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really is going to be an interesting game just to see how we use our players on offense. Are we going to a power I and just pound the ball now that we have healthy QB's and just pass to make sure the defense knows that we can? Or, because we have our QB's back will we be more wide open? I can see where we might be changing QB's to better fit down and distance. It will be interesting. Whatever we do I hope we can be successful. I know people get tired of me saying this but we are better than we have shown. A lot better.

Just can't keep throwing to 2 receivers all game. In the Atlanta game they through it to Sir Charles for a incomplete pass and the TE was wide open in the end zone. They got weapons they need to use.

I agree with you, but I seem at times when the TE was wide open, Sir Charles wide open, and Lafayette wide open, just like when they was throwing to Dowell last week twice Lafayette was wide open, they do have lots of weapons, and # 3 in my opinion is also a good wr with height, just hope they can put things together

This really is going to be an interesting game just to see how we use our players on offense. Are we going to a power I and just pound the ball now that we have healthy QB's and just pass to make sure the defense knows that we can? Or, because we have our QB's back will we be more wide open? I can see where we might be changing QB's to better fit down and distance. It will be interesting. Whatever we do I hope we can be successful. I know people get tired of me saying this but we are better than we have shown. A lot better.

+1

Pitt's coaching staff needs motivation, much more than the players need! Just an observation....thoughts?

Now is not the time to talk about any coaches. I bet you haven't played a down of football or much less been on the sidelines. I might not agree with everything but Talking about coaches on Smokehouse isn't a way to get things done. If you think that the coaches need motivation then maybe you need to go to the field house and give them a Lou Holtz speech. Jeeesssss

No name calling or singling out.....I've stood on many a sideline and played many a down - past experience shows that an excited coaching staff leads to excited players. Just my observation.

You just called out the entire staff. Didn't have to call any names.....

FYI, I haven't missed too many practices and I think I have watched more game film than you have changed under wear. I think I have a good idea of what is going on than most. There are issues but I think they can be corrected. BTW, I do have a kid in the band. Again, if you don't like the way the program is going then voice your concern to the appropriate people but not on here.

BTW, the 4 teams that beat Pitt are 13-1 not counting games against each other.

The one loss being a very good Gladewater team to a private school in La. that recruits and has multiple D1's.

The other team Pitt beat handily while shorthanded themselves.

It's very easy at this point to be disappointed, but put into perspective that only 4 starters had considerable playing time last year on the varsity level and preseason opponents returned many more with experience.

I do hope to have a positive outcome this week. W's tend to be the best motivation. I hope we can get another one Friday. NL is 4-1 as well, but hasn't played near the schedule that we or 4 of our other opponents have.

I look for a good game and hope each school has safe travels Thur and Fri. Good Luck Pirates

I doubt Pitt loses by 21 if they lose its going to be really close but NL is going to have to stop Pitt running game. Motivation isn't the only thing; they got to have faith in themselves and one another that they will go out there Friday night and win. I got Pitt by 14

I doubt Pitt loses by 21 if they lose its going to be really close but NL is going to have to stop Pitt running game. Motivation isn't the only thing; they got to have faith in themselves and one another that they will go out there Friday night and win. I got Pitt by 14

I am afraid that we might not run the same offense as we did against MV? Maybe try to throw more which against NL I don't think we would need to. I just hope we don't have 3 and out while NL drives the ball on us and gets up a couple of TD's. If a change should be made at QB during the game I hope that we make it sooner than later.

I am afraid that we might not run the same offense as we did against MV? Maybe try to throw more which against NL I don't think we would need to. I just hope we don't have 3 and out while NL drives the ball on us and gets up a couple of TD's. If a change should be made at QB during the game I hope that we make it sooner than later.

I believe Billy will start at QB, Caleb have miss the last 2 practice due to being sick, and they are going to mixed it up with the run and pass, but run a little bit more

I believe Billy will start at QB, Caleb have miss the last 2 practice due to being sick, and they are going to mixed it up with the run and pass, but run a little bit more

I have more confidence in Billy than Billy does. He just needs to cut loose and have fun. There is no need for him to feel like he has to carry the team. Run the ball and throw some quick passes, then try to go deep. Billy has a great touch on the ball. He just needs to slow the game down. The OL has to take control of the game. No more standing around during the play. If you are not sure who to block then just block somebody in a different color jersey. I don't care if they go to the line and just point out who they are to block. No more excuses about being young. Find the reason you want to play the game and play hard and fast.

I have more confidence in Billy than Billy does. He just needs to cut loose and have fun. There is no need for him to feel like he has to carry the team. Run the ball and throw some quick passes, then try to go deep. Billy has a great touch on the ball. He just needs to slow the game down. The OL has to take control of the game. No more standing around during the play. If you are not sure who to block then just block somebody in a different color jersey. I don't care if they go to the line and just point out who they are to block. No more excuses about being young. Find the reason you want to play the game and play hard and fast.

+1