Teague at Kemp

player73

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Teague has a great team, but I have been underwhelmed by their schedule. I think they have had the opportunity to fine tune a lot of things and build experience for some underclassmen, but they haven't really been tested which could be problematic whenever they face a good Malakoff team later this year or come playoff time.

Oh yeah, Teague BIG in this one

Teague BIG just another off week once again....with this WEAK schedule I hope it don't have an effect on them when they make the playoffs and play the more elite teams.

That's what they said about Fairfield schedule last year. I think mexia will be in running for there district as well as Caldwell. So yes are schedule is poor and may cause problems later with malakoff and playoffs but only time will tell.

Teague by 70

Every year schedules can differ as to where the opponent is with their program and where it was when you scheduled the game

I think scheduling Mexia Groesebeck are natural rival gameas and are a class bigger than Teague. Both of those programs looked to be getting stronger again after last season and if I recall both were in the playoffs

I dont think they need to defend their schedule at all

Just like when Malakoff made the schedule Mildred and Daingerfield played in the Title game in 2012

Both were playoff teams last year

Scurry was 3 rounds deep last year and lost only 5-6 seniors

Edgewood was a playoff team with a Div 1 QB and rb who was a hoss but moved in the summer and is starting at Frisco that really hurt them

So when you make a schedule in Jan an Feb alot can change by the fall

Teague BIG just another off week once again....with this WEAK schedule I hope it don't have an effect on them when they make the playoffs and play the more elite teams.

Teague has beat a good Mexia & Caldwell team. Just don't see were Teague's schedule is that weak.

If people don't think Mexia and Caldwell are not good you might want to see them play before you judge them.Mexia beat McGregor who just beat state ranked Grandview by 20 +. Caldwell after the Teague loss played state ranked Rockdale and only lost by a td. Football is about matchups and as Coach 0001 stated you never know what may take place 6 -9 months later after you make the schedule.Another example is Mexia losing by a td to Robinson who then turned around and blew Fairfield out. Go figure.

Teague is a good team not taking anything away from them.All I'm saying is they haven't proved anything to me that's show they can content against the elite programs in 3a (yet), yes they can score with anybody but its 3 faces to the game what about there special teams & denfense...its not getting them ready for those big games playing weaker teams because its going to be a game where they offense not gone be able to outscore a team then what there going to do?Yea they beat a upcoming caldwell team and a mexia team that was still finding themselves in week 2, but other then that who's on there schedule thats decent excepted malakoff. Just saying for the past couple of years teague beat up on the weak, and make the playoffs and get killed by a elite teams. So y not schedule a few decent teams...its best to lose early than late.

I understand Blackcats254 what you are saying about the Lions. What happen in the pass is in the pass but its a new year and a new coach that knows football and his son has played for UT. A good Coach knows how to coach and make things change for the best. Look at Coach Norman Cobb and what he did for the Cats. I played under him so change will come for the Lions sooner than you think only time will tell, So its not what everyone think of TEAGUE LIONS!! IT'S WHAT THEY THINK OF THEMSELF!!. You know Blackcat 254 we have a lot of Coaches in the STANDS Watching, GOOD LUCK WITH CALDWELL!!! Teague Wins BIG$$$$

I have watched high school football for many moons and know a little something about it. I know that a Coach Osborn coached team that can score the way they can will be very hard to beat. I also know that if they keep playing the way they are we will see them come December. Keep up the good work Teague Lions and don't let the haters get to you.

First off coach o and the boys have no control over who they play. Uil determines more than half of schedule as well. Playing 4 teams in an upper class should be a plus, playing mexia with their size and athletes should help towards playing malakoff, Caldwell just played with rockdale who is ranked above Teague and could be a playoff matchup, lago vista also a potential playoff matchup beat groesbeck team 21-12. I personally would like ff on the schedule early but not much control over that. One bright spot for the schedule bashers is the normally tough buffalo team isn't on the schedule this year and they have probably given up close to 300 pts so far.

You know my posts have validity and truth. You hate admitting it because I rag on you. Take off the rose colored glasses and talk football. You're starting to turn into JJ, and don't act like it's a "I'm here for the kids and I'll support them through anything" type of honor, either. What are some things Teague needs to improve on to be title contenders? Nobody has answered the question of what defense does Teague bases out of and what coverage do they like to run in the secondary? Do ya'll watch the games? Somebody enlighten me...