Teague at Kemp

player73

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmao

Haven't had to use another coverage at all and I'm sure neither has malakoff. Everyone in the secondary runs 4.5 or faster. Coach O teaches these kids every defense in the bbook. I've seen em jump in a 50 look. 3-4. 4-4. 4-2. Just whatever they need to do to get job done and still have a ways to come but it is definitely getting better. Just hope its ready for the 24th BC if not it will be in the 50s for both teams in points scored

Not sure people use the "4-4" anymore. Pretty sure Coach O isn't cover 2 either. I think he was a split guy back in the day. You guys should pay attention to the games more. Either that or brush up on your madden skills with homegrown

Might have been one back in the day but I've seen the 4-4. 4 down linemen with 4 linebackers. Safety over the top with 2 corners. 4-4 or split defense you are referencing to what he used to run is what he is running now. The 4-4 or split is used for fast defensives with not much size so we have 8 men in the box to stop run but also have the speed to defend the pass. The main linebackers Crawford and bell don't move my h from inside backers but the other two are interchangeable. They can play off the edge or cover any receiver they come across with there speed. An is a good defense to transition into the 50 balanced look. So yes 4-4 or split is still around.

Coach O teaching them all of it and game planning and putting them in the defense that we must run to stop the opponents

Might have been one back in the day but I've seen the 4-4. 4 down linemen with 4 linebackers. Safety over the top with 2 corners. 4-4 or split defense you are referencing to what he used to run is what he is running now. The 4-4 or split is used for fast defensives with not much size so we have 8 men in the box to stop run but also have the speed to defend the pass. The main linebackers Crawford and bell don't move my h from inside backers but the other two are interchangeable. They can play off the edge or cover any receiver they come across with there speed. An is a good defense to transition into the 50 balanced look. So yes 4-4 or split is still around.

Coach O teaching them all of it and game planning and putting them in the defense that we must run to stop the opponents

Can't run cover 2 with 1safety

Haven't had to use another coverage at all and I'm sure neither has malakoff. Everyone in the secondary runs 4.5 or faster. Coach O teaches these kids every defense in the bbook. I've seen em jump in a 50 look. 3-4. 4-4. 4-2. Just whatever they need to do to get job done and still have a ways to come but it is definitely getting better. Just hope its ready for the 24th BC if not it will be in the 50s for both teams in points scored

You might not have said it, but the first line you typed here is agreeing with it. Bunch of homers with no football IQ. Where's player at? Atleast he brings something to the party...

You might not have said it, but the first line you typed here is agreeing with it. Bunch of homers with no football IQ. Where's player at? Atleast he brings something to the party...

I was referencing to the cover 2 once we jump into a 4-3/3-4 type defense. BC we haven't ran any other coverage beside straight man or cover 2 on pass plays.

An you can run a cover 2 in a split 4-4 defense. Its called split 4-4 inverted cover 2.....Maybe your the one that doesn't know much about football.

Like to see a team run that coverage. Like to see any team in the last 10 years who has ran that coverage. Heck make it 15. Vs prostyle offense it could be used to stop option. Vs spread it leaves middle of field wide open and no way to stop quick screen to outside. I am thinking it is really you who doesn't know much about football. There is zero way to run an inverted 2 and be sound vs any spread team. Plus any motion takes you into cover 3 or 1 let alone what motion to empty does to it.

The base is 4-4 and I trying to tell him you can run a cover 2 out of 4-4....I agree completely with you on that comment! We don't stay in the 4-4. Like I've said previously if you read previous post....we run 4-3/3-4/50 look. And can run different coverage but no team has challenged Teague to run anything else. We haven't seen a speed team since Lexington. Yes mexia is in shotgun but hardly passed. Caldwell ran ran ran also. So that is why our base is 4-4 but the defense can transition into any defense it needs to for the teams we play. Just come watch us play.

I bet against the wing T teams in our district we line up in a 4-4/base 50 look.

Spread we run 3-4/4-3/4-2 looks.

I just know this no team I have seen in last 20 years has ran a split with cover 2 behind it. Just not sound. I realize the point your trying to make but better point would be they do not run a split and cover 2. They run 4-3, 3-4 with cover 2 and run a split with either man or cover 3.

Your right but I wasn't having to tell that to him. He was just head strong that you can't run cover 2 out of 4-4.

I can't wait til Friday night,ready to see if the D keeps improving.

Don't think you will get a very good assessment of your D on this one. Pretty sure you guys are going to shut them out. I would be shocked if they score on you. Should be an excellent opportunity for some of your younger kids to get some playing time. Good luck to you guys. Although I don't really think you will need it. Lol