Newton over West Orange Stark 19 to 7

Reddog92

I will say this I bet us and Newton play twice this year. No disrespect to Franklin but the way they squeaked past marlin really opened some eyes. Folks Newton is solid, and the game between us and them will tell a great deal. In 02 when we won state we got beat by Hemphill in district then beat them in the playoffs. I also think arp and Waskom will get two shots at each other this year.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether WOS was over rated or not is irrelevant. It was still a quality win for Newton. I would not be surprised to see the Eagles playing into December.

kinda funny I said the same thing. Just didn't think the WOS win was a sure thing indicator.

JJ, if Arp had beaten them well ........... Lol

well what....that's like saying when Arp beats Waskom friday night they'd win state....no its not something I'd hang my hat on and won't....Honestly think Newton,Franklin,Corrigan, Waskom,Arp, Cisco, Gunter, Lone Oak and a couple more are all good canidates but none are showing one stands out over the other yet. Newton Franklin and Cisco prolly the most impressive with Waskom on their Heels. Friday nights matchup will tell us alot about Waskom and Arp to an extent. But that's it.

Well ... We would have never heard the end of it just like if Arp upsets Waskom.

when Arp upsets Waskom there won't be anything to say....actions will speak volumes lol....next team up....Waskom boys brought this on themselves from the start of the season claiming themselves D8 champs and State Champs before a single game was played....it's been fun smack every since

when Arp upsets Waskom there won't be anything to say....actions will speak volumes lol....next team up....Waskom boys brought this on themselves from the start of the season claiming themselves D8 champs and State Champs before a single game was played....it's been fun smack every since

nope no one claimed any championships. Geez jj. I will however claim a win Friday night by 2+ tds.

[e name=Tiger1995" post="2115287" timestamp="1412808633]well what....that's like saying when Arp beats Waskom friday night they'd win state....no its not something I'd hang my hat on and won't....Honestly think Newton,Franklin,Corrigan, Waskom,Arp, Cisco, Gunter, Lone Oak and a couple more are all good canidates but none are showing one stands out over the other yet. Newton Franklin and Cisco prolly the most impressive with Waskom on their Heels. Friday nights matchup will tell us alot about Waskom and Arp to an extent. But that's it. how can you say Franklin has been more impressive than Corrigan. They squeaked by Marlin..... we would score 60+ on Franklin. With a five game sampling no one has even begun to slow down our backs. If we wanted to average 70+ a game right now we easily could have this far. Two of the five top rushers in east Texas play one the same team. But I guess I'm just a homer. Final four will be Cisco. Waskom. East Bernard and us or Newton. Write it down........

[e name=Tiger1995" post="2115287" timestamp="1412808633]well what....that's like saying when Arp beats Waskom friday night they'd win state....no its not something I'd hang my hat on and won't....Honestly think Newton,Franklin,Corrigan, Waskom,Arp, Cisco, Gunter, Lone Oak and a couple more are all good canidates but none are showing one stands out over the other yet. Newton Franklin and Cisco prolly the most impressive with Waskom on their Heels. Friday nights matchup will tell us alot about Waskom and Arp to an extent. But that's it.
how can you say Franklin has been more impressive than Corrigan. They squeaked by Marlin..... we would score 60+ on Franklin. With a five game sampling no one has even begun to slow down our backs. If we wanted to average 70+ a game right now we easily could have this far. Two of the five top rushers in east Texas play one the same team. But I guess I'm just a homer. Final four will be Cisco. Waskom. East Bernard and us or Newton. Write it down........we know your very very good. I've watched 3 of your games on hudl. You just haven't been tested to say you are with the top 3. Those 3 have played close tough games. Showed they can win when being matched up. But please read below where I stated you are one of the top ones I've watched so far that I said has as good of a chance as any. Trust me red I think y'all are dang good.

[e name=Tiger1995" post="2115287" timestamp="1412808633]well what....that's like saying when Arp beats Waskom friday night they'd win state....no its not something I'd hang my hat on and won't....Honestly think Newton,Franklin,Corrigan, Waskom,Arp, Cisco, Gunter, Lone Oak and a couple more are all good canidates but none are showing one stands out over the other yet. Newton Franklin and Cisco prolly the most impressive with Waskom on their Heels. Friday nights matchup will tell us alot about Waskom and Arp to an extent. But that's it.
how can you say Franklin has been more impressive than Corrigan. They squeaked by Marlin..... we would score 60+ on Franklin. With a five game sampling no one has even begun to slow down our backs. If we wanted to average 70+ a game right now we easily could have this far. Two of the five top rushers in east Texas play one the same team. But I guess I'm just a homer. Final four will be Cisco. Waskom. East Bernard and us or Newton. Write it down........we know your very very good. I've watched 3 of your games on hudl. You just haven't been tested to say you are with the top 3. Those 3 have played close tough games. Showed they can win when being matched up. But please read below where I stated you are one of the top ones I've watched so far that I said has as good of a chance as any. Trust me red I think y'all are dang good.

Ok. RedDog and whoever else wants to say we (Franklin) can't

compete with the Corrigan's, Newton's, Waskom's etc...

Based off the Marlin game. Go ahead. Please do so... We played

very poorly true and to tell u the truth Marlin is not that bad they will make

the playoffs.. But we still battled and won the game. This opened

our kids eyes that u have to put your best out there every Friday night

and we have been playing like we are capable of every since. Oh by the

way we should be completely healthy after our open week this week So whoever

wants to jump on the RedDog bandwagon go for it.. It's on now.. Bring it on !!!!

Oh and y'all would put 60 on us???? Please... We average

giving up @ 15 pts a game. I agree would be a great

game but to say you gonna put 60 on us.. WoW.. That's Crazy.

No way No How.. You would not have the ball enough

to do so... Period..

Waskom let EF beat them...so I dont think its going to be a upset JJ. Just sayin! Arp would roll them I believe!