(3-2) Joaquin vs (5-0) Shelbyville  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most classless bunch I've ever seen.

Shelbyville is quickly becoming associated with straight up TRASH. Good job guys. Keep it coming.

I think everyone clearly understands why we chose to drop y'all.

Shelbyville is quickly becoming associated with straight up TRASH. Good job guys. Keep it coming.

I wonder if we can get Tenaha to schedule SA nxt year....Maybe we can drop Dallas Episcopal!

If you want to talk smack, fine, but keep it clean. Serious football discussion is welcome also. If one of the mods wants to add a poll, great. I'm posting from my phone and can't. I do expect our Joaquin guys to show a little respect. If the Shelbyville fans want to run their mouth, let 'em. Remember guys, most of them are rookies at this.

The Joaquin Rams (3-2) travel to Shelbyville to take on the Dragons (4-0). This is week 1 of District 10A D1. The Rams opened the season with losses to Tenaha (3-1), and Woodville (3-2 I think). Since then, they've defeated Cayuga (2-3), Groveton (1-4), and Timpson (0-4). The Dragons have knocked off Linden-Kildare (not sure), Garrison (1-3), Colmesneil (0-5), and Queen City (1-4). The Rams are 9-3 vs the Dragons under Coach Wayne Gandy. The last Dragon win came in 2010. This is Shelbyville's second year under Head Coach Jason Ferguson. They are 9-5 under him. In the only meeting since Ferguson arrived in Shelbyville, the Rams used a 13-play, 98 yard 4th quarter drive to pull out a 22-19 win a year ago. Interestingly, this is the first district game between these two since 1999.

Both teams play smash-mouth football. They both spread the ball around to some great running backs. Shelbyville's Octavion Burrell (Jr) and Joaquin's Nate Belrose (Soph) are the workhorses. I expect this to be one of the most physical games Shelby County has ever seen. Ok let's hear it boys!

I do expect our Joaquin guys to show a little respect. If the Shelbyville fans want to run their mouth, let 'em. Remember guys, most of them are rookies at this.

The above statement is a bit of "running their mouth" if you ask me. That's fine. I won't.

I'll make this one post on here about this game and then I'm done. We can meet back next Saturday to see who was right.

Dragons will dominate every aspect of the game. Offensively, defensively and even special teams. They will physically beat the Rams up. There will be Joaquin players get injured, fake injuries to leave the game and there will be Ram players vomiting on the sideline. The Rams will not score and the Dragons will score 50+. The Joaquin kids have never played in a game like they are going to play in this next week. None of them have. The Dragons are one of the most physical, hardest hitting football teams in this entire area. I don't know how many helmets I've witnessed getting knocked off this year or how many people leave the game b/c of the physical nature of Dragon Football.

That's it. I hope everyone keeps it classy. We all have our perspective of how this thing will go down, I just happen to be right.

I do expect our Joaquin guys to show a little respect. If the Shelbyville fans want to run their mouth, let 'em. Remember guys, most of them are rookies at this.

The above statement is a bit of "running their mouth" if you ask me. That's fine. I won't.

I'll make this one post on here about this game and then I'm done. We can meet back next Saturday to see who was right.

Dragons will dominate every aspect of the game. Offensively, defensively and even special teams. They will physically beat the Rams up. There will be Joaquin players get injured, fake injuries to leave the game and there will be Ram players vomiting on the sideline. The Rams will not score and the Dragons will score 50+. The Joaquin kids have never played in a game like they are going to play in this next week. None of them have. The Dragons are one of the most physical, hardest hitting football teams in this entire area. I don't know how many helmets I've witnessed getting knocked off this year or how many people leave the game b/c of the physical nature of Dragon Football.

That's it. I hope everyone keeps it classy. We all have our perspective of how this thing will go down, I just happen to be right.

Dude you have no idea. Adam Mason and co are gonna bust some teeth out. Sure hope you crawl outta the trailer park for the game.

The only classless post on this entire thread is yours.

Did Tenaha drop us? I haven't heard that. If so, that says a lot, or very little, depending on how you look at it, about Tenaha. Seems like a true winning program would be willing to put someone like lowly Shelbyville in "their place", but I guess that's not how the Tenaha TYgers roll.

Let's stay on topic.

Joaquin will ask for a running clock next Friday night.

Joaquin will score. Not sure if their defense is up to the challenge to stop the running offense of Sville, but this game will tell if Sville can really stop a running game! I hope the Rams' offensive line plays well....they will have to!

Joaquin will score. Not sure if their defense is up to the challenge to stop the running offense of Sville, but this game will tell if Sville can really stop a running game! I hope the Rams' offensive line plays well....they will have to!

Shouldn't be able to stop us! Our OL was out weighed by an average of 25 lbs against Queen City DL, size just ain't gonna stop us!! We will make holes for our RB's Friday. Our defense is really pulling it together this year, and I think a shutout isn't impossible with these boys. We stop the sweep and the games ours. 28-0 Dragons