fabio

(3-2) Joaquin vs (5-0) Shelbyville  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquin will score. Not sure if their defense is up to the challenge to stop the running offense of Sville, but this game will tell if Sville can really stop a running game! I hope the Rams' offensive line plays well....they will have to!

That's funny. The question is not whether or not if the Rams will win, but whether or not if they will score. That's pretty funny. :lol:

Shelbyville wins this thing in dominant fashion. I said it months ago, if you can remember. Worst S'ville vs Joaquin beating in the history of the two schools meeting.

See you Friday. I be there early, 50 yard line, Pop Corn in one hand and Coke in other. Noise maker too. I can't wait.

Shelbyville wins this thing in dominant fashion. I said it months ago, if you can remember. Worst S'ville vs Joaquin beating in the history of the two schools meeting.

See you Friday. I be there early, 50 yard line, Pop Corn in one hand and Coke in other. Noise maker too. I can't wait.

I too, will be there early, on the 50 and ready to watch my boy and his fellow rams shock all these dragon fans. Praying for no injuries.

Port Neches-Groves fan here but I got family who live in Huxley and we own 200 acres not to far from the Boles Field. When we are up there hunting we go to The Dragons stadium and watch them play. I have never seen such a great team in Shelbyville. I like Joaquin as well. Wished I was up there this week to see this game. Should be a great game. I think Shelbyville is for real this year. Hope for a great game.

Ok, I've kept quiet and avoided getting into the smack talk. Here's how I see this game.

Experience: advantage Shelbyville. Joaquin has four starters on offense, 5 on defense playing the same position they played last year. Shelbyville's starting lineup is virtually unchanged. Joaquin is also starting four sophomores on offense. They are all good young athletes, but they are young. At least one of them has been in some battles, and is capable of carrying the team on his back. Shelbyville has the best pure running back in the district. He can carry his team if need be. The key matchup, in my opinion, is Joaquin's offensive line against Shelbyville's defensive front seven (or 8,9, or 10 if they choose to load the box). If the Rams can move the ball consistently, and not put it on the ground, they can put pressure on Shelbyville's offense. That's something they haven't seen a lot of, especially in the last two games. We've got some young kids on defense (6 different freshmen have seen the field on Friday nights, as well as a bunch of sophs) that will have huge games if we win. Likewise, Shelbyville's DEs and OLBs will have huge games if they win.

As far as the talk of Joaquin not crossing the line of scrimmage, or getting blown out by 50 or more, kids faking injuries, I'm gonna call BS. These are the same Shelbyville kids that played a very close game a year ago. Are they a year older, bigger, faster, and stronger? Absolutely! But they haven't turned into Florida State in a year. They still put their pants on one leg at a time. They are a group of hard-working, hard-nosed, tougher than nails kids who want to win. Just like ours. I see a very physical, hard-hitting, smash-mouth football game. May the best team win, and may both come out injury-free and ready for the rest of this tough district.

My pick: Rams 28 Dragons 22.

grow up, little fellar. I understand your frustrations with having to be a ram and your lack of understanding of hard work and coming together as a TEAM and what that looks like, so I won't take offense to your ''trailer trash'' remark. have a great day and when you get a little older, maybe you'll understand if you don't wallow in your close minded little world.

Ok, I've kept quiet and avoided getting into the smack talk. Here's how I see this game.

Wow, actually talking about the game instead of small town smack? What a concept! Solid analysis trueblue, thanks for trying to keep the discussion on the Xs and Os. You and I see this game similarly, but come to vastly different conclusions…

Experience is solidly in favor of Shelbyville, as is depth. Joaquin, as you said, certainly has backfield talent (and some raw young linemen who are gonna be a force in the next coupla years) but the Dragons are just now hitting their stride. The relative inexperience on the Ram defense is going to be a factor down the stretch, as Shelbyville's sustained drives will take their toll.

I think it starts out nip and tuck, with the Dragons eventually making some big plays to break things open. A few late scores might belie how close the game was at the outset, but I don't see this as anything less than a big win for Shelbyville.

Shelbyville: 40

Joaquin: 12