(3-2) Joaquin vs (5-0) Shelbyville

fabio

(3-2) Joaquin vs (5-0) Shelbyville  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

grow up, little fellar. I understand your frustrations with having to be a ram and your lack of understanding of hard work and coming together as a TEAM and what that looks like, so I won't take offense to your ''trailer trash'' remark. have a great day and when you get a little older, maybe you'll understand if you don't wallow in your close minded little world.

Haha I don't understand hard work or coming together as a team? That's what we call LIFE in Joaquin. I understand you guys haven't ever really been good but I promise it gets easier. I do apologise for the trailer trash comment but you guys need to understand Joaquin has been doing what S'ville is doing now since '02. In a few years when that good group graduates y'all will go back to bring 2-8, 1-9, maybe you'll get lucky and go 4-6 every now and then, and Joaquin will still be here.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, actually talking about the game instead of small town smack? What a concept! Solid analysis trueblue, thanks for trying to keep the discussion on the Xs and Os. You and I see this game similarly, but come to vastly different conclusions

Experience is solidly in favor of Shelbyville, as is depth. Joaquin, as you said, certainly has backfield talent (and some raw young linemen who are gonna be a force in the next coupla years) but the Dragons are just now hitting their stride. The relative inexperience on the Ram defense is going to be a factor down the stretch, as Shelbyville's sustained drives will take their toll.

I think it starts out nip and tuck, with the Dragons eventually making some big plays to break things open. A few late scores might belie how close the game was at the outset, but I don't see this as anything less than a big win for Shelbyville.

This will be a battle in the trenches. Both team's linemen have their strength. Shelbyville's are quick and aggressive, Joaquin's are big and strong. Joaquin likes to run counters behind their two best blockers, guards Mason and Wheless. They will also pull the guards on the sweep. Shelbyville's DEs will have to get penetration past the TEs and tackles to disrupt the flow of the sweep. When Shelbyville has the ball, they like to trap the ILBs to run between the tackles. They like to crack block the OLBs when they runt heir sweeps. All of Joaquin's LBs will have to keep their head on a swivel. I see both teams being able to get some big plays by turning the corner on the sweep, but ultimately, this game will be won 4 yards at a time.

true blue, since you are the great x's and o's communicator according to Matthias, how exactly does Shelbyville crack block o/s lbs when they don't have wide outs?

thank you in advance and look forward to hearing you smack crow

This will be a battle in the trenches. Both team's linemen have their strength. Shelbyville's are quick and aggressive, Joaquin's are big and strong. Joaquin likes to run counters behind their two best blockers, guards Mason and Wheless. They will also pull the guards on the sweep. Shelbyville's DEs will have to get penetration past the TEs and tackles to disrupt the flow of the sweep. When Shelbyville has the ball, they like to trap the ILBs to run between the tackles. They like to crack block the OLBs when they runt heir sweeps. All of Joaquin's LBs will have to keep their head on a swivel. I see both teams being able to get some big plays by turning the corner on the sweep, but ultimately, this game will be won 4 yards at a time.

trueblue, trueblue, really man? A battle in the trenches? Come on. The only thing that will be in the trenches will be the Rams after the slaughter. :ph34r:

trueblue, trueblue, really man? A battle in the trenches? Come on. The only thing that will be in the trenches will be the Rams after the slaughter. :ph34r:

no, he's actually tryng to talk football. Sville fans dont know how to do nothing but run their mouth.

not sure how, but after many many years of 2-8 seasons all you Sville boys have suddenly become "experts".

its comical. i remember one night yall were running yalls mouth and Allbig8 actually made a real educated "football"

comment....all the sville boys stopped talking. lol. again comical.

Im sure shelbyville has some real good kids. actually sat behind yalls team last year at the Tenaha/SA game. good group of gentleman. Its a travesty how yalls fans have made yalls school look. Kids deserve better than to be represented by the trash yall have brought to the forum.

enjoy your thread.

no, he's actually tryng to talk football. Sville fans dont know how to do nothing but run their mouth.

not sure how, but after many many years of 2-8 seasons all you Sville boys have suddenly become "experts".

its comical. i remember one night yall were running yalls mouth and Allbig8 actually made a real educated "football"

comment....all the sville boys stopped talking. lol. again comical.

Im sure shelbyville has some real good kids. actually sat behind yalls team last year at the Tenaha/SA game. good group of gentleman. Its a travesty how yalls fans have made yalls school look. Kids deserve better than to be represented by the trash yall have brought to the forum.

enjoy your thread.

Whatever. I'm sure the Ram fans did their share of running their mouths when they where at the top of the world starting back 04' or 05'. So don't get on here like the Dragons fans are the only ones that ever talked a bunch of "smack"

Whatever. I'm sure the Ram fans did their share of running their mouths when they where at the top of the world starting back 04' or 05'. So don't get on here like the Dragons fans are the only ones that ever talked a bunch of "smack"

Yep, there were a few big talkers over here then. There were also a lot of other fans saying it would be a matter of time before we were back to the days of longing for a 4-6 season. So, yes, pretty much everyone on here has seen their team struggle. It feels good to see them enjoy success. That's something worth talking about. The difference is, our fans never made it a habit of running down other kids. Maybe you guys will catch on to that. It is nice to be able to converse with actual Shelbyville fans during Joaquin/ Shelbyville week. It hasn't been long since GreezyChef had to pretend to be from Shelbyville so we'd have some to talk to.

Yep, there were a few big talkers over here then. There were also a lot of other fans saying it would be a matter of time before we were back to the days of longing for a 4-6 season. So, yes, pretty much everyone on here has seen their team struggle. It feels good to see them enjoy success. That's something worth talking about. The difference is, our fans never made it a habit of running down other kids. Maybe you guys will catch on to that. It is nice to be able to converse with actual Shelbyville fans during Joaquin/ Shelbyville week. It hasn't been long since GreezyChef had to pretend to be from Shelbyville so we'd have some to talk to.

Every single Sville fan seemed to disappear come district time....I expect to see them fade off after SA beats em this year! They tend to forget an even better SA offense and stronger defense faces them this year! Our offense alone beat them last year....our new defense is just going to make it worse for them!

yup, wolfman, y'all are the only one that could conceivably improve. good luck

Yall pretty much have the same offense, an offense that hasnt felt an aggressive defense....oh but you will! After yall's first loss....you bandwagoners will fall off as well!