(3-2) Joaquin vs (5-0) Shelbyville  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's ready for crow

I'd like mine flame-broiled, please, with a habanero glaze. Outstanding football team. Kal Metcalf is the best linebacker I've seen this year. I talked to several Shelbyville kids after the game. All very polite and good sports. Hats off. Good luck throughout the district.

Congrats to Sville on the win....but I thought they were going to hold Joaquin scoreless?

I'm gonna give their guys the benefit of the doubt and say that was just smack. Your Wolves better be ready. Shelbyville is well-coached, very physical, and very disciplined. Their LBs and DEs do a very good job of shucking blocks. It will be interesting to see how they do against SA's passing game. We didn't test their coverage.

I'm gonna give their guys the benefit of the doubt and say that was just smack. Your Wolves better be ready. Shelbyville is well-coached, very physical, and very disciplined. Their LBs and DEs do a very good job of shucking blocks. It will be interesting to see how they do against SA's passing game. We didn't test their coverage.

Its gonna be a show down. I dont think the Shelbyville offense is better than WS.

If Shelbyville doesnt have just as explosive QB as they do at RB then it would be no comparison! SA did pretty well running the ball tonight. Passed when they had to. I think it was around 230 rushing at the half!

Shelbyville's offense is very difficult to defend. Their linemen are extremely quick, and good at sticking to their blocks. They block to the whistle. Very good at getting under the pads and finding leverage. If they do, they'll drive you clean out of the play. The backs are hard to tackle. Riheam Jenkins is just a step behind Burrell as far as ability to break tackles. SA will have a speed advantage, but Shelbyville is a handful.

SAwolfmam, Shelbyville's run game is good. you gave up so many yards because your defense is still not very good. but congrats on the win, 1-0 vs. anybody in this district puts you in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

i'll take my crow with a side of mutton, after all we did win, just not by the margin I expected

I'm sure Shelbyville will field good teams in the coming years. Last night just shows that Joaquin will, as well. Should be some good games between these two over the next few years.

Sub varsity doesn't mean much. 42-12 does...

Appreciate that trueblue. Good luck to yall rest of the season

Give me the lowdown on Tigers, seeing how we have them as Homecoming guests next week. (Don't ask me why the Groveton game wasn't Homecoming).

We ran right at em all night. To the point that they were just pinning their ears back from everywhere and coming and we still moved the ball. They have 3-4 cats that can go but it drops off after that. Spread ya out to run it, and will get in their wing stuff and run it as well. Good ball team that plays for 4 qtrs.

I'd like mine flame-broiled, please, with a habanero glaze. Outstanding football team. Kal Metcalf is the best linebacker I've seen this year. I talked to several Shelbyville kids after the game. All very polite and good sports. Hats off. Good luck throughout the district.

Hope everyone won't see us as classless now, our kids are really good young men. Glad to see both teams play hard tonight. Belrose is a slippery little thing! As I expected, yall had good talent in the backfield

SAwolfmam, Shelbyville's run game is good. you gave up so many yards because your defense is still not very good. but congrats on the win, 1-0 vs. anybody in this district puts you in the driver's seat for a playoff spot.

i'll take my crow with a side of mutton, after all we did win, just not by the margin I expected

The WS QB is tough to contain, and their RB is faster than anyone on the Sville squad! Sville will lose to SA and WS! Mark it down!