3A D1 D11 (District Thread)

countergeorge

Well I've been silent this whole year but I guess its a good time to start it up.

Teague was dominant as they should of against kemp I didn't attend this game bc I figured it would get like this....did coach O put any second string in and when did he?

I went to the malakoff game to see just how good they were along with how much Kevin Hayes has the panther moving in the right direction. First off coach Hayes and his staff have the panther nation starting to love football again. The kids have bought in and play every single second of this game even when they got down 40-14 at one point. The boys did not quit and finished very strong. #4/#10/#1 are big hitters for WW on the ground and #88 is a big target for the QB! They are all junior and sophomores so look for this WW team to be very good next year after there great turn around this year. Good job WW

Malakoff played good.... number 8 is a huge and fast RB. The QB has a decent arm on him even tho they don't throw very much. As team speed they swarm to the ball but need to wrap up better BC if not that will cost them against Teague. I wanted to see more from malakoff but they may just had a off night. Its going to be hard for them to stop Teague but that's just My Opinion only oct24th we will get to see for sure.

Elkhart beat a physical Eustace team tonight and more than likely secured atleast a playoff spot BC I don't think anyone will have trouble against kemp. Good job Elkhart!

After tonight, Malakoff, Teague, Westwood, Elkhart. That's how I see them finishing.

I might be crazy, but I like Westwood offense vs Teagues defense. I believe Westwood will be able to sustain long drives and break long Td runs on there Defense. This will be the best rushing attach Teague has faced this year.

But in the end Teague offense is to much for Westwood. Teague 55 Westwood 41

After tonight, Malakoff, Teague, Westwood, Elkhart. That's how I see them finishing.

I might be crazy, but I like Westwood offense vs Teagues defense. I believe Westwood will be able to sustain long drives and break long Td runs on there Defense. This will be the best rushing attach Teague has faced this year.

But in the end Teague offense is to much for Westwood. Teague 55 Westwood 41

Sorry but Caldwell has a better rushing attack trust me! The fact Caldwell only lost to rockdale by 7 who just knocked off the Yoe should tell just how good Caldwell is and they run the ball 95% of every game with that huge front. Hayes has them well improved but WW hasn't seen our offense and Teague has seen a better rushing team.

Teague 70

WW 28

Well week one of district is in the books!

We saw Teague dismantle Kemp but I believe everyone knew that would happen. We saw Elkhart beat Eustace 40-21 And I did not see that coming figured Eustace would come out on top but that's why you play the game. An finally we saw a very improved and hard fighting Westwood team give malakoff a good look but malakoff was to much in the end.

Standings:

Teague 1-0

Malakoff 1-0

Elkhart 1-0

Westwood 0-1

Eustace 0-1

Kemp 0-1

(My game of the week)

Westwood 0-1 travels to Teague 1-0

Kevin Hayes returns to the lions den for the first time since leaving the lions. He brings in a hard fighting ball club with a few big hitters that play every second of the game and you gotta love that! Teague is a well oiled machine on offense and seems to be moving in the right direction on the defense and this will be a good test going against the wing T of WW. My game of the week BC Westwood gave malakoff a good look but also BC the Hayes family first return to Teague!

(Bounceback game of the week)

0-1 kemp travels to 0-1 Eustace

Kemp heads to Eustace for the battle of the 0-1s. Could kemp get in the end zone against Eustace or does does Eustace take out their anger on the weak yellow jackets. I hope kemp comes around but with Eustace big front I don't see it happening.

(Just how good they are game of the week)

1-0 malakoff travels to 1-0 Elkhart.

Malakoff will see a similar team in Elkhart that they just played in WW and that should benifit malakoff. After a huge win for Elkhart they are thrown in the fire against what a lot of ppl think the front runner for the district is. Can Elkhart stop malakoff enough to pull off another win and get the upset or do all roads lead to next weeks big match up for malakoff when the lions go to malakoff.

I have:

Teague 56-28

Eustace 56-14

Malakoff 49-28

Sorry but Caldwell has a better rushing attack trust me! The fact Caldwell only lost to rockdale by 7 who just knocked off the Yoe should tell just how good Caldwell is and they run the ball 95% of every game with that huge front. Hayes has them well improved but WW hasn't seen our offense and Teague has seen a better rushing team.

Teague 70

WW 28

You might want some input from Malakoff. Not taking anything away from Caldwell but Malakoff will tell you Westwood has some backs(told you they would rush over 200 yds) They had two touchdowns called back on long runs as well. I really believe if this game was played in Westwood it would have came out different. As for next week I think Teague will come out on top but they will know they have been in fight all night.

Really impressed with the buy in that Hayes has gotten from these kids. These kids are mostly sophmores and Juniors. I do think they take third this year and get a taste of the playoffs.

You might want some input from Malakoff. Not taking anything away from Caldwell but Malakoff will tell you Westwood has some backs(told you they would rush over 200 yds) They had two touchdowns called back on long runs as well. I really believe if this game was played in Westwood it would have came out different. As for next week I think Teague will come out on top but they will know they have been in fight all night.

Really impressed with the buy in that Hayes has gotten from these kids. These kids are mostly sophmores and Juniors. I do think they take third this year and get a taste of the playoffs.

I was at the game osup....I knew Hayes ball club would run good and I love the way the kids have bought in. I'm a huge Hayes fan! He was my coach so I know what they bring to the table. WW is very improved and they got even better as the night went last night. Love how WW players and fans are buying into the Hayes era!

BUT they don't average 275 across the board. #4/10/1/88 are their big hitters! Caldwell is a better rushing team than WW but that's just my opinion on seeing both teams play. WW won't be able to stop Teague receivers. WW is moving in the right direction and I'm so happy for Hayes and his staff they deserve to have all the good breaks they will start having at WW!

I seen both Westwood and Caldwell play and Caldwell has the better rushing attack. We at Teague know first hand what kind of running game and product Coach Kevin Hayes can put on the field. He has done an outstanding job getting Westwood turned around. This is the biggest game of the year no doubt. Caldwell put up 65 last night and their only two losses are to Rockdale and Teague. Going to be an exciting and emotional week as Coach Hayes, His sons Jake and Derek along with JT Brown who all played at Teague will be on the field Friday night coaching against the Lions.Expect a full house !!!

Teague has probably the best 2 phases (offense&defense) of the game in 3a but if they don't fix the 3rd phase (special teams) they won't win district or a deep run in the playoffs. The special teams have been bad all year and Friday night it was horrible. I can't believe that the Teague coaching staff can't fix this problem. If or when this problem is fixed we will be looking at the best team in 3a. Come on Coach Osborn let's fix it so we can come watch y'all in Jerry's World.

Teague has probably the best 2 phases (offense&defense) of the game in 3a but if they don't fix the 3rd phase (special teams) they won't win district or a deep run in the playoffs. The special teams have been bad all year and Friday night it was horrible. I can't believe that the Teague coaching staff can't fix this problem. If or when this problem is fixed we will be looking at the best team in 3a. Come on Coach Osborn let's fix it so we can come watch y'all in Jerry's World.

Mmmmm that's a bold statement for the defense there buddy.......I'm a huge Teague fan as well but we don't have the best defense. Beat offense totally but defense still needs work and special teams definitely needs work.

I may be wrong but Teague rush defense has not been that good all year. Malakoff defense is a lot better then Teague! That's from seeing both play. Malakoff d-line is way bigger, and more physical then Teague.

If Westwood can sustain drives, and make the third down big plays. Then this game will be close. Westwood had couple drives vs Malakoff where they had over a 8 min possession.

Westwood has a way better offensive than I gave them credit for. They have three kids on that team that can flat out fly! And....they never quit! Now our tackling got a little sloppy after we were up 40-13 but I assure you that will be addressed this week. Lol. As of right now I would have to say Eustace will be the odd man out this year unless they can take down Malakoff, Westwood or Teague but I really don't see that happening with their "run only" offense.

I may be wrong but Teague rush defense has not been that good all year. Malakoff defense is a lot better then Teague! That's from seeing both play. Malakoff d-line is way bigger, and more physical then Teague.

If Westwood can sustain drives, and make the third down big plays. Then this game will be close. Westwood had couple drives vs Malakoff where they had over a 8 min possession.

Your right about the defense our rushing defense is lacking. An yes WW had some drive that they were able to sustain against malakoff. They are hard nose football team but you will understand come Friday night that Teague has seen BETTER rushing attacks this year. Caldwell scored 34 against us all on the ground so look for WW to score 21/28 points BC they aren't as good offensively than caldwell but still has a good rushing attack. I'm not taking anything away from WW....I have high hopes for them boys over there and they are good! Won't be able to stop Teague tho one time and Teague will be able to stop WW a few times like we did Caldwell. Just wait an see Friday night in Teague if your coming.

Eustace wont be much the rest of the season unless their best player and another good player quit Friday night. A kid on the Bulldog squad that I go to church with told me that. One quit at halftime and the other was hurt and limping around from about halfway through the second qtr. and the coach would not pull him out so after the game his parents told him he wasnt playing anymore.