Drone Filming HS Football Game

Buck1980

I was attending a football game in Liberty Eylau a few weeks ago,noticed right up above my head their was a remote control drone hovering facing the field. Happened to see a story this morning on MSNBC cooncerning this new wave of video technolgy used by coaches for capturing game footage. Has anyone ever seen this before in East Texas. Just curious........

It would be very easy to do with the technology being so cheap now. You can buy the camera and a very good plane or copter that is very high tech for not much money at all. They make them where they are very easy to learn to fly also. Get on line and look and you will see what I mean.

No need in buying 2 different things to make a drone. They sell drones in complete units now. A lot of neighborhoods and counties in the Metroplex have outlawed these drones. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time till all drones will be outlawed. Invasion of privacy...

It won't stop our government from spying on its citizens.

We don't use it for filming the games like the cameras in the press box, just for various shots at district events. The batteries only last about 20 minutes so it would be hard to shoot whole games.

This link has a few shots with it on there.

There are pretty strict rules about using them near private property so I wouldn't suggest buying one without a little research.