Class 3a D1 Region 3

player73

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbeaten teams in this region : East Chambers,Malakoff ,Kirbyville ,Rockdale,Westwood ,Buna and Teague. West,Glen Rose,Whitney ,Woodville just have 1 loss. Still have the two time defending State Champs Cameron along with Troy ,Lago Vista , Grandview and McGregor. SMH

District 9 : Whitney over Comanche 42-28,West over Grandview 44-41 and Glen Rose over Hillsboro 51-7

District 10: Rockdale over Yoe 34-27,Lago Visita over Florence 42-17 and Troy over Little River 38-21

District 11:Teague over Kemp 72-7,Malakoff over Westwood 47-28 and Elkhart over Eustace 40-21

District 12:Kirbyville over Woodville 56-0,Kountze over Hardin 60-14 and Buna over Anahuac 35-7

District 12: East Chambers at Hardin ,Kountze at Warren,Anahauc at Woodville and the big game Kirbyville at Buna.

District 11: Westwood at Teague , Malakoff at Elkhart and Kemp at Eustace

District 10: Yoe at Troy, Florence at Little River and Rockdale at Lago Visita

District 9: Hillsboro at Grandview, Comanche at McGregor , West at Whitney

My current regional rankings:

1. Teague

2. Malakoff

3. Kirbyville

4. Rockdale

5. Cameron Yoe

6. East Chambers

7. Buna

8. Glen Rose

9. Lago Vista

10. Whitney

Others: West

How I have the teams in my state poll:

2. Teague

3. Malakoff

4. Kirbyville

5. Rockdale

9. Cameron Yoe

10. East Chambers

13. Buna

14. Glen Rose

15. Lago Vista

17. Whitney

18. West

The region is most certainly loaded. I could any one of these teams making a good run and potentially playing in the quarterfinal game. I have seen Teague and their offense (good QB, RB, WR's) and feel it could be the best in the state. Malakoff has been very impressive and that district game with Teague should be a good one. Kirbyville has taken another step and their only close game was to a pretty solid Orangefield team. Rockdale beat Cameron by a TD last week. They have 2 big receivers and a quick RB. Overall, they are not as good as last year, but still solid. Cameron Yoe is very young, buy has competed with strong teams, including Rockdale. East Chambers & Buna are two teams that could easily win that district. Glen Rose appears to be the best team out of D9. Lago Vista does appear to be down a bit, but their defense will keep them in games. Whitney has a good QB and WR combo. West is undefeated and will be playing Whitney this week.

Btw Goliad beat Halletsville down in Region 4

Yes. My current regional picks:

Region I: Wall

Region II: Pilot Point

Region III: Teague

Region IV: Goliad

Wall should cruise in region I. Pilot Point may play their toughest teams in the region from their own district. New Boston is really the only team outside of that. Teague is my favorite in region III now, but man the region is deep. Goliad just beat Hallettsville pretty good. I feel those are the two best teams in the region, and I see them meeting up again in the quarterfinals.

My current regional rankings:

1. Teague

2. Malakoff

3. Kirbyville

4. Rockdale

5. Cameron Yoe

6. East Chambers

7. Buna

8. Glen Rose

9. Lago Vista

10. Whitney

Others: West

How I have the teams in my state poll:

2. Teague

3. Malakoff

4. Kirbyville

5. Rockdale

9. Cameron Yoe

10. East Chambers

13. Buna

14. Glen Rose

15. Lago Vista

17. Whitney

18. West

The region is most certainly loaded. I could any one of these teams making a good run and potentially playing in the quarterfinal game. I have seen Teague and their offense (good QB, RB, WR's) and feel it could be the best in the state. Malakoff has been very impressive and that district game with Teague should be a good one. Kirbyville has taken another step and their only close game was to a pretty solid Orangefield team. Rockdale beat Cameron by a TD last week. They have 2 big receivers and a quick RB. Overall, they are not as good as last year, but still solid. Cameron Yoe is very young, buy has competed with strong teams, including Rockdale. East Chambers & Buna are two teams that could easily win that district. Glen Rose appears to be the best team out of D9. Lago Vista does appear to be down a bit, but their defense will keep them in games. Whitney has a good QB and WR combo. West is undefeated and will be playing Whitney this week.

Kirbyvilles only close game was to Orangefield? I don't consider 42-27 very close. Kirbyville's defense has pretty much shut everyone else out. They will be one of top defenses in this region and will be around when it matters!

Are you just looking at the teams in 3A D1 and just naming them? (In my Ron Burgundy voice)

What does my booty hole smell like? You're following me around like a little puppy. Not that you would understand, but turnovers have killed Mineola and you have to think at some point, they'll get that fixed. They return a bunch of guys from last year's 4A squad D2 squad. They have size and speed. They will be a factor in Region 2.