Class 3a D1 Region 3

player73

Looks good to me. Troy/Lago Vista could be close and East Chambers/Kirbyville could go either way, but based on these seeds, I would go with this:

Whitney over Lago Vista

Glen Rose over Academy

Rockdale over West

Cameron Yoe over Comanche

Teague over Kountze

Malakoff over Buna

Kirbyville over Westwood

East Chambers over Elkhart

Top 1st round games to watch:

1. Malakoff/Buna

2. Whitney/Lago Vista & Glen Rose/Academy

Academy is the big surprise team here. They pulled off a huge upset over Rockdale last week and did the same over Lago this week and now have a ton of momentum coming into Cameron. Malakoff/Buna, to me, is the best game to watch in the 1st round. I think it will tell us a lot about how the region could be shaking up. If Buna were to win that game, it would tell me that the region is even more wide open than it already is. I have Malakoff as the 2nd ranked team in R3, but Buna is in my top 15 in the state, so it could be interesting.

Tell me about academy!?!?! How they get the upset over Rockdale and do they have a chance against the Yoe who seem like to be getting back to form!?!?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Rockdale has been dealing injury issues since after the Cameron game. I know they have had a number of lineman out. I have heard a WR being out, LB's being out, QB's/RB's going out and coming back in. Not sure how serious any of this is, but it does seem like they are rotating players a lot.

As I said before the season, Rockdale is not as good as last year, but still very talented with a deep senior class. They will need to be near 100 percent healthy to advance deep in the playoffs.

If the Yoemen bring their A game, which they will have to in a game like this, then they should win. This young squad has shown a lot of improvement over the past several weeks, and I think that translates over here. Should be a playoff atmosphere this upcoming Friday.

Well, Rockdale has been dealing injury issues since after the Cameron game. I know they have had a number of lineman out. I have heard a WR being out, LB's being out, QB's/RB's going out and coming back in. Not sure how serious any of this is, but it does seem like they are rotating players a lot.

As I said before the season, Rockdale is not as good as last year, but still very talented with a deep senior class. They will need to be near 100 percent healthy to advance deep in the playoffs.

If the Yoemen bring their A game, which they will have to in a game like this, then they should win. This young squad has shown a lot of improvement over the past several weeks, and I think that translates over here. Should be a playoff atmosphere this upcoming Friday.

Thanks for the info. An good luck Friday

"Big games this week:
Kville at East Chambers
Kountze at Anahuac

Kirbyvilke has a chance to go to EC and win a share of a DC. Points would determined seeding. I believe if kville were to beat EC by more than 7 they would be #1 seed.

The winner of the kountze and anahuac game gets the fourth seed.

Woodville needs anahuac to win to have a chance at the 4th seed.

My predictions:

Kirbyville over East Chambers
Buna over Hardin
Woodville over Warren
Kountze over anahuac.

1. Kirbyville
2. East chambers
3. Buna
4. Kountze

Kirbyville has to win by more than 11 to get 1st seed, and its at Kirbyville not EC

"Big games this week:

Kville at East Chambers

Kountze at Anahuac

Kirbyvilke has a chance to go to EC and win a share of a DC. Points would determined seeding. I believe if kville were to beat EC by more than 7 they would be #1 seed.

The winner of the kountze and anahuac game gets the fourth seed.

Woodville needs anahuac to win to have a chance at the 4th seed.

My predictions:

Kirbyville over East Chambers

Buna over Hardin

Woodville over Warren

Kountze over anahuac.

1. Kirbyville

2. East chambers

3. Buna

4. Kountze

Kirbyville has to win by more than 11 to get 1st seed, and its at Kirbyville not EC

If they win by less....automatic 3rd seed or do they still have a chance and 2nd seed? Thanks for correcting me!