Best Offensive Coordinator in Texas

milktheclock17

I know it says OC but the best offensive mind would be Scott Surratt hands down.

4 SC in 6 years enough said!

The other ones mentioned on here are very good too. I really like Matt Langley from Henderson he has a great future ahead of him.

Surratt is a great one and one of the best at doing adjustments within the game.

When you say Texas.....uhm, that is much bigger than 4A schools in East Texas folks. There are plenty in the metroplex, centex, houston, west texas, etc.... that are as good as any around. They may not have the D1 talent per ca pita that Gilmer and Carthage have had, but some of them do much more with less. Yes, the guys mentioned are very good and would rank up there with any of them but put them in a place with average talent and they are no better than many others with average talent. Give some others their talent and they would look just as good also! Some examples would be those guys at Van, Bullard, Cuero, and Abilene Wylie.

Now, if you want to also see some of the STATES best, Allen, Trinity, Southlake, Katy, Aledo, Argyle, Highland Park, Desoto....yeah, safe to say there are some REALLY good OC's out there.

Matt Turner is amazing. Our head coach here now at Jax, Chris Taber, still calls plays and he is pretty dang good, too. When you win a state championship as these two guys have calling plays (Matt has won two), that says something.

But the best OCs are the ones who get their players to execute what they design. It doesn't matter how great a play you call or how well you diagram it . . . if the kids don't execute it...

Norv Turner was an amazing OC with the 1990s Cowboys.... but look WHO he had executing his offense. What has he done with less talented teams? Not much.

Players, players, players... they can make you really good or really bad.

Surrat is at the top of the list and whoever he is molding over there at the OC is going to have one heck of a career learning from him if I had to bet money.

Also you gotta give it to Todd Dodge when he was at SLC....after he went to college kinda messed with him IMO but he is one of those offensive geniuses.

Rusty nail at mart is a great offensive mind also. One of the best offensives year in and year out over there.

Gilmers man is great as well.

There are a lot of great offensives out there these days but my question is who is the man that stops offensives the best....defense wins championships!

I know it says OC but the best offensive mind would be Scott Surratt hands down.

4 SC in 6 years enough said!

The other ones mentioned on here are very good too. I really like Matt Langley from Henderson he has a great future ahead of him.

Same goes for Flower Mound Marcus' Gerry Stanford formerly of White Oak...offensive guru