Winny. Mt. Vernon.

TexasFTW

Don't judge yourself based on beating us.

I never did my friend. Ive watched football for far too long and seen too many Winny/MV games to be surprised by this outcome. No need to panic though for the raiders. Regroup and come READY next week to play because Redwater will be another very strong opponent who would like nothing more than to put another beating on Winny as they did last year.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did my friend. Ive watched football for far too long and seen too many Winny/MV games to be surprised by this outcome. No need to panic though for the raiders. Regroup and come READY next week to play because Redwater will be another very strong opponent who would like nothing more than to put another beating on Winny as they did last year.

More than likely will come to Mt. Vernon with our 3rd string QB. Yes Redwater will be tough. They play hard nose football. Good luck Chevy.

I am. Wow, you really think Mt. Vernon's D is more stout than Dfield? That is ridiculous. Winnsboro wins this game with ease. Mt. Vernon routinely gives up 40 pts this year.

So I'm wondering if you will man up and eat some crow now? Cuz you sure look foolish! :lol:

Well, I have to say that I am not surprised MV won. Great job to both defenses for pitching shutouts. Winnsboro's O-line pretty much got handled tonight. Waayyyyy to much penrtration into the backfield. I hope they can pick up the pieces and get ready or this will happen all over again next week.

Question for Daingerfield fans... What's up with the defense? Usually y'all are very stout on defense but y'all given up over 40 points the first 2 district games. Not use to seeing y'all give up that many points.

Can you say Swiss cheese..................and yes it's Painfull.

upset in the making.

All is well Red. Y'all still got NB at home.

I personally didn't see it as an upset. That would be short changing MV

Winnsboro had done great things but I would have thought it would have been more remarkable had Winnsboro won by 14+ pts.

Very suprised that the only score of this game was a scoop and score idk if i have ever heard of a more boring mv winny game in my life and i have seen quite a few. hmmm seems like this district mashup may be an odd one this year with what seems like everyone having really young teams this year. Mv is running a VERY yuong team this year.

This district must be really weak. I thought that Winnsboro was a pretty solid team but if they are being shutout by Mt. Vernon then they are soft. Prairiland is awful and beating Daingerfield? Wow, very down year for this district.

You didn't factor in the competition Winnsboro faced in pre-district.

Did I think NB was a terrible team because we were beat 41-7 by Atlanta? We lost a few key players to graduation last year and were breaking in a sophmore QB plus some younger players on defense and offense.

Next year will be more of a challenge as we are losing at least 6 two way starters to graduation.

If you get a chance watch some of the Winnsboro practices and understand how hard these kids work. Win or lose support them.