West Sabine @ Joaquin

trueblue82

West Sabine @ Joaquin  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets their first district win?????

The West Sabine Tigers (4-2, 0-1) make their first trip in 6 years to Ram Stadium to take on the Joaquin Rams (3-3, 01). This will be JHS Homecoming. The two teams are 4-4 vs each other since the turn of the century. This will be the first netting since a Ram blowout in 2009. A lot of things have changed since then. The Tigers are coming off of a hard fought 34-32 loss to San Augustine. The Rams are fresh off of a 42-12 loss to Shelbyville. Mathematically, the loser of this game is not out of playoff contention, but they would have to win out, and then get some help. The winner isn't locked in, but they would definitely have a leg up. I see this as a must-win for both teams. The Rams will need to take better care of the ball, and must eliminate the bone-headed, drive-killing penalties. Hopefully, our Homecoming crowd will leave their good manners at home and make some noise. Let's hear what y'all think.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquin is extremely effective running the ball. Coach Jones at WS will have a strong understanding since he played for Gandy, but it's still not easy to stop. Defenders have to stay disciplined and know their assignments. The Joaquin backs spun out of several tackles and we are tackling pretty well this year. I like Joaquin in this matchup.

Joaquin is extremely effective running the ball. Coach Jones at WS will have a strong understanding since he played for Gandy, but it's still not easy to stop. Defenders have to stay disciplined and know their assignments. The Joaquin backs spun out of several tackles and we are tackling pretty well this year. I like Joaquin in this matchup.

Hey, can you give me the name of Shelbyville's backup QB, #6?