West Sabine @ Joaquin

trueblue82

West Sabine @ Joaquin  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets their first district win?????

White trash Wednesday and Joaquin cheerleaders wore Shelbyville stuff to school. Veeeeeeerry classy. And y'all were calling Shelbyville classless. Hmmm...

I hope that 42-12 whoopin stings for a while.

They are kids. And we are huge RIVALS. I'll let it slide. I know Friday was intense and the ones that matter to me were super respectful and complimentary of the dragons. The guys on this board have been complimentary and classy regarding our game. I've seen some of trash talk on social media from fans and parents... That's sad. But I'm not gonna let the actions of a few taint the whole barrell. Go dragons. We will win and we will do it with our heads held high... Haters gonna hate lol

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Sabine coach if you can call him that needs to be suspended for rest of season, 1st had team passing ball with a 10 point lead no time out by Rams, then after a Ram fumble recovery, drew a flag from every official on field, then kept running his yap, got more flags, wouldn't leave the field. Real classy

West Sabine coach if you can call him that needs to be suspended for rest of season, 1st had team passing ball with a 10 point lead no time out by Rams, then after a Ram fumble recovery, drew a flag from every official on field, then kept running his yap, got more flags, wouldn't leave the field. Real classy

Heartbreaking to lose a game like that. Our kids fought so hard in the second half. I would have never believed we'd lose that game after holding their offense to 18 points. Reshod Williams is a straight up baller. The 85 yard strip-6 won the game for them, because the Rams were going to score with less than 1 minute left. The pick-6 by us that was called back was a straight up hose job. Official made a bad call, plain and simple. If that's roughing the passer, I'm the next President of the United States. That one would have given us the lead with 4 minutes left. Good game by the Tigers. They fought hard and took advantage of opportunities. Good luck against Shelbyville.

He'll probably be hearing from the UIL

Heard on the radio that the law enforcement had to get involved, but they never said why?

I'll speak on this one time, and I won't mention it again until next year. I hope we've learned our lesson on scheduling district games for homecoming. We've lost 3 HC games in the Gandy era, and this one may very well cost us a playoff spot. I don't care if we have to do it the last week of August and it's 109. Get HC and all of the distractions that go with it out of the way. Our kids are playing what is essentially a playoff game, and they have to do it amid all of the pageantry that is the HC festivities. On top of that, our band has marching contest tomorrow, and their report time is 6:30 am at the band hall. After all of their hard work, they've got to try to pull off their best performance of the year on a few hours sleep after marching almost 2 miles in a parade. We had a game in late September against a mediocre at best Groveton team that didn't mean anything. Why couldn't HC be THEN?

WS was hosed by the guy wearing stripes and a white hat ALL night long, the bad blood started in the first quarter when WS was forced to punt on 3rd and 4. It was 3rd down and the official called it fourth down, after the WS coach argued that it became personal for that head ref. 4, FOUR, touchdowns called back and over 200 yards in penalties is proof of that. I think u long time SDC members know that I am all for showing good sportsmanship but in cases like tonight a coach has to make a stand for his kids and team. That what the WS coach did tonight, I absolutely stand behind him and his actions tonight based on the circumstances, I only regret that it had to happen in front of the good folks of Joaquin. Every person from Joaquin that I visited with tonight before, during, and after the game was extremely polite and respectful. Please don't stereotype the WS coach because I promise you that his actions were not directed at any Joaquin players, coaches, or fans. It was all directed toward the guys in stripes. He is an excellent coach and this is the first time in his 30 years of coaching to be ejected from any sports field, not many long time coaches can make that claim!

WS was hosed by the guy wearing stripes and a white hat ALL night long, the bad blood started in the first quarter when WS was forced to punt on 3rd and 4. It was 3rd down and the official called it fourth down, after the WS coach argued that it became personal for that head ref. 4, FOUR, touchdowns called back and over 200 yards in penalties is proof of that. I think u long time SDC members know that I am all for showing good sportsmanship but in cases like tonight a coach has to make a stand for his kids and team. That what the WS coach did tonight, I absolutely stand behind him and his actions tonight based on the circumstances, I only regret that it had to happen in front of the good folks of Joaquin. Every person from Joaquin that I visited with tonight before, during, and after the game was extremely polite and respectful. Please don't stereotype the WS coach because I promise you that his actions were not directed at any Joaquin players, coaches, or fans. It was all directed toward the guys in stripes. He is an excellent coach and this is the first time in his 30 years of coaching to be ejected from any sports field, not many long time coaches can make that claim!

I can agree with you that the officials were bad. They were very inconsistent. The four TDs called back were not bad calls, however. They missed holding and block-in-the-back calls all night (on both sides). It's hard to believe they threw their flags four times just because WS scored. They missed 2 block-in-the-back calls on the long punt return by Williams in the second quarter. Every coach I've ever been around will tell his players "Have a short memory. When something bad happens, put it behind you. Whether it's a bad call by the officials, a fumble, dumb penalty, missed tackle, put it behind you." Can a coach really expect his players to do that when he can't do it himself? Like I said earlier, WS has a good football team. They are likely playoff bound. Here's hoping they can hold it together when they get their.