West Sabine @ Joaquin

trueblue82

West Sabine @ Joaquin  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets their first district win?????

officials were actually pretty good,did mess up the down situation,but they actually called the game and earned their paychecks. Wish more officials would actually try to enforce the rules. Penalty yardage was pretty even till the 5 penalties against the coach at the end of game. west sabine qb is the real deal. Both teams played hard and showed respect for each other and the game

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I just see homecoming get blamed for the loss? Lol

If you want to call it that, fine. All I'm saying is this: we need to give our kids the best opportunities to be successful. Our last home game was one that didn't mean a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, it was one that we knew was an easy win. I don't have a clue who schedules homecoming, but as a football fan, this was a no-brainier. I don't want to hear the weather excuses. I've worn long johns to our HC game the last two years and seen beautiful young ladies in evening gowns stand on the field shivering. The older people who we are trying to accommodate by keeping them out of the September heat didn't show up for these games either, because it was too cold. BTW, we won both of those, and I griped then, too. I'm not knocking homecoming. It's part of tradition. I have two daughters, no sons, so this isn't a football dad griping. This is a guy who wants all of our kids to be as successful as possible. HC is about the young ladies in the court. Its possible that over the next 6 years that I have daughters in high school one of them may be elected to the court. If that happens, I will put on a suit and tie (regardless of the weather), #### my gut in, puff my chest out, and walk her across that field grinning like a possum eatin' saw briars. Then, as soon as the pictures are taken, I'll change clothes, take my seat in the stands, and yell myself hoarse like I did last night. We knew last year when the schedule came out that WS was likely a de-facto playoff game. Why couldn't we just let it be that? Two good football teams, battling for a playoff spot. Have HC in September for the Groveton game. If we did that, our band kids wouldn't have had to fit their final contest drill preparations into all of the HC week activities. They could have put their full effort into BOTH. As it was, they had to March almost 2 miles yesterday in a parade, and perform their drill on the field last night, all after putting in extra practice during the week. Then, they had to be at the band hall at 6:30 this morning, in uniform. My daughter was up at 5:00, after getting in bed after 11:00. It could have been a win-win-win, for all of our kids. Instead, we can discuss the what-ifs.

If you want to call it that, fine. All I'm saying is this: we need to give our kids the best opportunities to be successful. Our last home game was one that didn't mean a hill of beans in the grand scheme of things. On top of that, it was one that we knew was an easy win. I don't have a clue who schedules homecoming, but as a football fan, this was a no-brainier. I don't want to hear the weather excuses. I've worn long johns to our HC game the last two years and seen beautiful young ladies in evening gowns stand on the field shivering. The older people who we are trying to accommodate by keeping them out of the September heat didn't show up for these games either, because it was too cold. BTW, we won both of those, and I griped then, too. I'm not knocking homecoming. It's part of tradition. I have two daughters, no sons, so this isn't a football dad griping. This is a guy who wants all of our kids to be as successful as possible. HC is about the young ladies in the court. Its possible that over the next 6 years that I have daughters in high school one of them may be elected to the court. If that happens, I will put on a suit and tie (regardless of the weather), #### my gut in, puff my chest out, and walk her across that field grinning like a possum eatin' saw briars. Then, as soon as the pictures are taken, I'll change clothes, take my seat in the stands, and yell myself hoarse like I did last night. We knew last year when the schedule came out that WS was likely a de-facto playoff game. Why couldn't we just let it be that? Two good football teams, battling for a playoff spot. Have HC in September for the Groveton game. If we did that, our band kids wouldn't have had to fit their final contest drill preparations into all of the HC week activities. They could have put their full effort into BOTH. As it was, they had to March almost 2 miles yesterday in a parade, and perform their drill on the field last night, all after putting in extra practice during the week. Then, they had to be at the band hall at 6:30 this morning, in uniform. My daughter was up at 5:00, after getting in bed after 11:00. It could have been a win-win-win, for all of our kids. Instead, we can discuss the what-ifs.

I agree, I think HC is better suited for non-district games. BTW, I hope and pray that the gentleman in the stands that was experiencing health problems is ok.

Heartbreaking to lose a game like that. Our kids fought so hard in the second half. I would have never believed we'd lose that game after holding their offense to 18 points. Reshod Williams is a straight up baller. The 85 yard strip-6 won the game for them, because the Rams were going to score with less than 1 minute left. The pick-6 by us that was called back was a straight up hose job. Official made a bad call, plain and simple. If that's roughing the passer, I'm the next President of the United States. That one would have given us the lead with 4 minutes left. Good game by the Tigers. They fought hard and took advantage of opportunities. Good luck against Shelbyville.

my question is how do u horse collar from in front and pull him down face first in the dirt maybe a face mask but not a horse collar. good game ws and good luck thee rest of the season.

Normally players play fired up for homecoming so one would think that it would give them more incentive to win....

I dont know how many calls I had from people around Pineland asking for SA to beat up on Joaquin.....things must have really went down on Friday!

the reason why Stark was ejected was he had just asked the ref next to him how many timeouts Joaquin had left. Ref said you have 2 left and Blue has 0. 2 plays later Joaquin calls timeout. Stark wants to know whats going on and Zebra gets mad. Zebra doesn't like the fact Stark trying to argue his mistake and starts flagging him. Pretty easy to get upset as a head coach when you get a down taken away from you earlier in a game and then they turn around and give a timeout they didn't have. Let's see what the UIL has to say about this when you can look at film and see the down mistake and the timeout mistake. Maybe some Zebra's should be suspended instead of a coach.

Let's see what the UIL has to say about this when you can look at film and see the down mistake and the timeout mistake. Maybe some Zebra's should be suspended instead of a coach.

What you have to understand is the UIL doesn't care about mitigating circumstances. They only care about how you conduct yourself during competition. If the WS coach had dropped it, then sent the film in the officials would have been reprimanded. There is not really anyway for the coach to win in this situation. If he does nothing and loses the game, UIL will simply look at the film and say, "you were right, we will address the mistake, and you still get the loss because the game is complete."

Wouldn't have been a problem if he had ran the ball like 99% of coaches at that point

In this district you have to take point spread into consideration in case of the slight chance of a tie at the end of district and going to the point spread. This is why he was trying to score again.

the reason why Stark was ejected was he had just asked the ref next to him how many timeouts Joaquin had left. Ref said you have 2 left and Blue has 0. 2 plays later Joaquin calls timeout. Stark wants to know whats going on and Zebra gets mad. Zebra doesn't like the fact Stark trying to argue his mistake and starts flagging him. Pretty easy to get upset as a head coach when you get a down taken away from you earlier in a game and then they turn around and give a timeout they didn't have. Let's see what the UIL has to say about this when you can look at film and see the down mistake and the timeout mistake. Maybe some Zebra's should be suspended instead of a coach.

those jerks in Austin ALWAYS back the ignorant official.......

I've known a few that went down there to plead their case and it never turned out like they expected.

I remember the COPE meetings......they were supposed to foster good relations between officials and coaches.....instead, we were all conditioned that the official is always right.....I don't know of many coaches that fell for it.... :lol:..crock of BS and a waste of time.....