• Royals in 7

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You beat me to the thread, Crawford !! :D

I don't see the Royals losing again ... KC in 4

^ but, then again - I am horrible at predictions :blush:

Bonus visual aid ... a photo I took of Ned Yost in April 1984, enjoying the Buddy Bell fan giveaway:

10686847_10152703567844333_7342020535630

Awesome, Colmesneil! I saw a website this morning that showed the clip of Ishikawa's walkoff last night to the audio of Red Barber's famous call of 1951's "Shot Heard 'Round the World," and it was absolutely spine-tingling! Matched up beautifully.

I heard yesterday on the radio that if one bet $100 on the play-in Wild Card game on the Royals and kept rolling it over for each subsequent game that $100 would have grown to $43,000. I don't think the Royals sweep this series, but they are playing really good baseball, and have a knack to not quit. All the series have been great this year, and if you haven't watched it you've missed out on some great baseball. I'll take the Royals in 6.

Awesome, Colmesneil! I saw a website this morning that showed the clip of Ishikawa's walkoff last night to the audio of Red Barber's famous call of 1951's "Shot Heard 'Round the World," and it was absolutely spine-tingling! Matched up beautifully.

I saw it this morning on the news........

The only other time* the Giants won a postseason game with a game-ending home run:

* Bobby Thomson's home run was in a regular season game ;)

His question was not about the World Series.....He asked when was the last time the Giants won the PENNANT on a HR.......now as a baseball minded poster, you should know that "winning the pennant" means winning either the AL or the NL........ :P

The one thing I don't like is the long layoff. I can understand them not wanting to go against football on Sunday, but the World Series should have started tonight. I also wish they'd end the 30 year hiatus of afternoon games. I think they should play at least two day games home and away. When I was a kid there was nothing better than rushing home to watch the World Series in the afternoon. I realize I work now, and would probably miss those games, but I would make it home usually for the ending if the games started at 4 in the afternoon. I've missed some of the late innings because I had to go to bed for work, so at least I could see the ending.

The one thing I don't like is the long layoff. I can understand them not wanting to go against football on Sunday, but the World Series should have started tonight. I also wish they'd end the 30 year hiatus of afternoon games. I think they should play at least two day games home and away. When I was a kid there was nothing better than rushing home to watch the World Series in the afternoon. I realize I work now, and would probably miss those games, but I would make it home usually for the ending if the games started at 4 in the afternoon. I've missed some of the late innings because I had to go to bed for work, so at least I could see the ending.

If us big kids have a hard time staying up to watch what about the little ones? Start the games earlier so little Billy & Suzie can see the magic of the World Series in the late innings. People talk about the poor ratings and the slow death of the league. You cant tell me seeing a Puckett homer to force a game 6 or Joe Carter hopping around the bases after winning the Series when your young wouldnt get you hooked on the game. It's the best unscripted drama you'll probably ever see on tv.*

*Stanley Cup Finals ain't too shabby either.

If us big kids have a hard time staying up to watch what about the little ones? Start the games earlier so little Billy & Suzie can see the magic of the World Series in the late innings. People talk about the poor ratings and the slow death of the league. You cant tell me seeing a Puckett homer to force a game 6 or Joe Carter hopping around the bases after winning the Series when your young wouldnt get you hooked on the game. It's the best unscripted drama you'll probably ever see on tv.*

*Stanley Cup Finals ain't too shabby either.

The only problem is San Francisco is in the Pacific Time Zone, so to make sure the fans can make it to the games they'll be a 9 pm start time in the CST and 10 pm EST. I don't feel like doing the research, but it seems like many of the games always started at 7 pm CST which is a decent time. If you can afford the $600+ ticket prices you should be able to take off from work to be at the game. I agree that most World Series are great series, with an occasional dud, but those rarely happen.