Teague at Malakoff

player73

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receiver18 is right.Both teams can spit numbers and stats out all day long and yes they are impressive.I like the Lions stats and I am sure the Malakoff folks like the Tigers.There are two things that both teams have in common is that they are both well coached and are looking to make a deep run in the playoffs.

Why don't we all just sit around in a big ol circle and tell each other how great we are

Not beating the chest brother...calm down. Just pointing out that Malakoff is not just a rushing team but can pass and catch as well. No need to get your panties in a wad.

NB got to experience Malakoff in the playoffs last year and they were the team that impressed me the most (even compared to Wall). I see Malakoff making it to State this year.

Thanks for the kind words. I think Driskell has them headed in the right direction. As long as he can keep them focused on the next game every week, they will be fine. If Malakoff and Teague are destined for two matchup this year I pray that we have the same results y'all had with Dfield last year!

Neither team has been challenged this year so it is hard to predict how they react to pressure. No doubt they are both ate tier one. I have never seen Teague but looking at their games compared to last years they are greatly improved on D. D finished them last year. We played Malakoff in round 3 last year and they were the real deal. They have most everybody back from last years team and I know they are solid. Balanced O and a really good D. I hink NB was just more experience in the deep rounds of the playoffs

Oleman appreciate the unbiased observation the balance was key since we were going with a converted wideout at qb who had not played qb since JH

After we lost our starter

The balance again this year is key we are the only team in the state in the Top 5 in 3A Div 1 on offense and defense standing 2nd in offense and tied for 4th in defense

Teague is if course number 1 on offense

Have talked to coaches who have played both teams this year and last year. Both seem to think that Teague's Defense has gotten better therefore they give the edge to Teague. They say only because Teague can throw it so well. They still think it will be close.

Teague. Teague has (arguably) an All State QB in #15 Austin Skinner, an All State RB in #11 John Love, a great receiving corps and a very good O-line. Their defense has gotten better every week. Not taking anything away from Malakoff but the Teague offense is a Powerhouse. Should be an EPIC game.DSC_7693.JPGDSC_7510.JPGDSC_7712.JPG