Teague at Malakoff

player73

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest Old Coach playoff projections has Malakoff as the District Champ.So much for the Underdog theory Coach !! Hope to see you Thursday.They have Malakoff playing Woodville and Teague playing Kirbyville. District Championship on the line , ( still a lot of football left),seeding, game of the week, etc. This is going to be a war.

Both teams will be well-prepared for one another and both teams have big time play makers. I look for this game to be slowed down by penalties and who ever makes the fewest turnovers will more than likely come out on top. Everyone is talking about the receiver and secondary match up but I look for the key match up to be in the trenches. Skinner is gonna need time in the pocket and Dowell will need the lanes he's been provided all season long.

Teague's defense is night and day better than last year. Kids want to play D and their getting coached up and are getting put in position to succeed. Friday night will tell the tale of how far they've come as a unit for those who haven't seen the Lions play this year.

I look for Teague to take that next step and get over that "big game" hump and it starts this Friday in Malakoff

Teague 41

Malakoff 28

I agree Coach and like someone said in a previous post, both teams could very easily meet back up. I like this match up between these 2 schools for several reasons. I like the O and D line match ups, Skinner and company against the Tiger secondary, 2 solid running backs who've gashed defenses all season, and 2 high quality coaches and coaching staffs. What I like about both coaches is like Lions719 said, Coach Driskell's teams play with a nastiness and Coach Osborn has brought that back to Lion country. Both teams give relentless effort on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. May the best team win.

Whoever comes out of region 3 will be battle tested...you've got Teague, Malakoff, Kirbyville, Buna, Rockdale, Cameron, Whitney, McGregor...good teams will be playing each other early and often...cannot have an off night if yuo want to get out of this region.

Whoever comes out of region 3 will be battle tested...you've got Teague, Malakoff, Kirbyville, Buna, Rockdale, Cameron, Whitney, McGregor...good teams will be playing each other early and often...cannot have an off night if yuo want to get out of this region.

Or buna or east chambers. Whoever loses the malakoff vs teague game definitely has a tougher 1st round game

Your right . buna beat kirbyville by 7 this last week and buna has east chambers this week. I believe buna wins so the final game of the season for east chambers is kirbyville for second place. So either one of the team out of that district is a very very tough draw and then rockdale would be next....

Loaded region 3!! Whoever comes to play

Don't forget Glen Rose!

True 2nd will get in my opinion EC and first will get Kountze who lost to EC 40-32

I think Buna and Kville go 1-2

But Teague and Malakoff will both have 2nd round games against Rockdale and Yoe 34-27 loser to Rockdale I dont what matchup is best in that scenario not sure that by the end of the year Yoe is not the better team

True 2nd will get in my opinion EC and first will get Kountze who lost to EC 40-32

I think Buna and Kville go 1-2

But Teague and Malakoff will both have 2nd round games against Rockdale and Yoe 34-27 loser to Rockdale I dont what matchup is best in that scenario not sure that by the end of the year Yoe is not the better team

That's right I bet kountze is 4th in that district!

ETSN.com has a decent article on the match-up.

After crunching the numbers Wolfe doesn't look much behind Skinner, Dowell is slightly ahead of Teague RB.

The teams match-up play for play. But the big difference is that Teague is running MANY more offensive plays than Malakoff. Why is that? Because Malakoff's D-fense gets them such good field position that they don't have to march the whole distance of the field. I'm not saying that Malakoff's "D" will STOP Teague, but... I wanted to make this point as to why the Stats look a a bit in Teague's favor, they constantly seem to march the length of the field , where Malakoff gets great field position and takes it in for many times only a 5-20 yd drive for a TD.

I've got Malakoff 42-35