Teague at Malakoff

player73

Yep scheduling isn't easy and 2 4a teams we had verbals with backed out

Well that stinks if that happened. That would have definitely helped y'all out no matter who it was. I was thinking something else, this was probably the 1st time the starters have had to play a whole game this year. That can be huge also. Anyways good luck the rest of the, like I said this can be a positive and I think it will

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Teague Lions for a well played ball game. No excuses here we got beat by a better team last night. 2 things stood out to me last night Teague was better prepared than we were and we did not make the needed adjustments during the game. I have said it for the last few weeks if our #2 was covering Teague #2 he would have a big night and he did. Congrats again Lions and good luck in the playoffs. We may meet again.

Congrats to the Teague Lions for a well played ball game. No excuses here we got beat by a better team last night. 2 things stood out to me last night Teague was better prepared than we were and we did not make the needed adjustments during the game. I have said it for the last few weeks if our #2 was covering Teague #2 he would have a big night and he did. Congrats again Lions and good luck in the playoffs. We may meet again.

I don't remember you saying that MHS. It looked like the CB had decent coverage on a couple passes, he just lost the play and the other guy made a play. I don't think there was any question about Malakoff being prepared. They were in the right spots, just didn't make some plays.

I didn't say it on here....didn't want to give Teague a heads up and didn't say we were not prepared at all just not as much as Teague. Teague has some great ball players besides the BIG 3 ( #15,#11,#2 ) We just didn't make the adjustments we need to for the 2nd half and the turnovers were the difference in the end IMO. These are 2 great programs and I have no doubt the will see each other again down the road.

I didn't say it on here....didn't want to give Teague a heads up and didn't say we were not prepared at all just not as much as Teague. Teague has some great ball players besides the BIG 3 ( #15,#11,#2 ) We just didn't make the adjustments we need to for the 2nd half and the turnovers were the difference in the end IMO. These are 2 great programs and I have no doubt the will see each other again down the road.

I think you're discrediting the Malakoff staff by giving Teague the edge in being prepared. Teague kids made the plays they needed to and Malakoff didn't. There were no adjustments at half. Malakoff ran the ball with the same authority they did in the 1st half. Turnovers were the difference in the 2nd half. Teague QB is the real deal. O line did a good job of protecting him.

It was a great game between two very good teams. Malakoff's #8 is a beast. Both teams played a heck of a game while being officiated by some very bad referees. I read in a previous post that the clock operator was hired and was not a school representative. Whoever he was, he doesn't need to be running a clock. Fortunately we overcame those hurdles and put them away in the second half. Teague's defense is much improved from previous years. Coach Osborn and his staff have done a great job with this team.

Senior heavy they might b,they're gonna lose the big 4 #15 #11 #2 #1 and 1 offensive lineman,but they have some Jr playmakers that don't get any action because of the big 4. Hate on the Lions if yall won't to but Coach O has turned things around in less that a yr

Rubberhammer...I was not trying to discredit anyone just giving my opinion.......Our Coaches are among the best in Texas as far as I am concerned. The adjustments I am talking about were on Defense not Offense. We needed to get pressure on the QB ...I thought we would come out with some stunts and blitzes and maybe double up on #2 in the 2nd half and ....our DC has done a great job making these adjustments in every game we have played. It may have had a lot to do with injured players we have a few that gutted it out and played hurt. I guess I just don't have a great eye for Texas High School Football as you do...maybe in time I can improve.

Teague O is so balanced and the O-line with 3 jrs, 1 fr and 1sr have done an outstanding job keeping the heat off Skinner and run blocking for Love.

It'll be a chore for anyone to figure out that riddle. They have a good combination. Has anyone played played Teague's run better than Malakoff? I think the paper said they rushed for 130?

Congrats to Malakoff on a great battle between two high caliber teams. I knew coming into this game their were gonna be a lot of penalties called and whichever team responded to adversity better would end up finding a way to win as I think the games between Mexia and Caldwell, Teague responded to adversity and what hurt Malakoff was that they haven't had to respond all season and it proved last night. Caldwell offensive line was bigger but I thought Malakoff 's was better as a unit. Pretty fun game to be at last night. West, Mitchell, and Shepherd all had big catches. Skinner was given time and put on a clinic. I usually don't agree with rubber hammer but I've seen a lot of small school football but I don't know if I've seen a more dynamic, potent offense at a small school like the Lions have this season. Defense keeps coming up with key and timely stops like the 3 and out to start the 2nd half and there still a lot of room for improvement which is scary. Good luck to both teams rest of the way

Who wasn't healthy, know it would've been nice if our 2 sr and 1 jr lineman would've been able to suit up and go. Hopefully Malakoff and Teague gets to full strength to represent district 11 in the playoffs with winner representing region 3 for the state title