Teague at Malakoff

player73

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mexia you lost....you have next year to redeem yourselves so get over it. Go to the ff and mexia thread BC that is yalls biggest game of the year for the district title and I hope y'all do well but it will be hard to be the defending state title runner ups but good luck y'all have the athletes for it!

The take away is simple from the malakoff and Teague game. Both teams are well coached and have great athletes. #8 Dowell for malakoff is a beast and without him who knows where malakoff would be....the kid is amazing and I believe in college he could be a better DE almost like a clowney with his speed and size and will to play the game of football! If he had any help he may not have gotten worn slap out by the end of the half and Teague may or may not been able to stop him but malakoff didn't go to anyone else but dowell and the Teague coaching staff made the right adjustments and shut him and malakoff down from about 6:45 left in the second quarter all the way till he broke free with about 5something left in the 4th quarter! Great defense from Teague forcing the 3 and outs and the turnovers.

Austin skinner was amazing and the hog mollies up front were just as amazing giving him plenty of time to throw the ball! The unit played amazing as usual! Robbie west played one of his best games since coming to Teague and has turned it on all season and especially these last two weeks! A. Mitchell was great and made some amazing catches! He was a huge factor punting the ball as well turning the field on malakoff a few times! Sheppard and the rest of the WR were big time as well last night! The running game opened up the pass for skinner and company all night! love ran the ball hard as usual along with bell and the up coming Coleman looked good!

Malakoff did what they do best and Teague did what they do best! Difference in game was Teague defense showing malakoff and Texas class3A that they are improved and are only getting better from here. Big crowd and big time Friday night football!

Now on to Eustace for Teague and poor kemp gets malakoff who will take their anger out on them! Both will be blow outs!

Clock guy doesn't need to be back one of the worst I've ever seen.

Stitch : Remember you Schedule someone you will have to play them for two years not just one. I don't know how strong you will be next year but you don't beat yourself back a couple of years confidence wise if you cant' play with a Athens or Fairfield year end and year out.

I keep hearing things about Teague's defense, but they have up 35 points to a team that rushed for 300 and had 3 turnovers. Teague offense is the difference in the game...

Defense shut out malakoff for more than half the game. Whether its forcing a turnover or 3 and outs its still defense and your right the offense was only stopped 3 times all night. Once in the 1st and 2 times in the forth. So it was a team effort with the win.

The first INT was at the end of half hail merry so that didn't do anything to the game BC nothing came of it.

Stitch : Remember you Schedule someone you will have to play them for two years not just one. I don't know how strong you will be next year but you don't beat yourself back a couple of years confidence wise if you cant' play with a Athens or Fairfield year end and year out.

I get what you are saying and I understand that but they have the talent to do that for a few years. It's my opinion you don't get to where you want to be (which I would think they are thinking about state championship) by beating up on teams that have no chance against you in non-district. Especially when you are only going to have 1 competitive game in district. I mean it is what it is, I'm sure they will do fine in the playoffs.

Seen a couple of quotes that this game doesn't make or break either teams season, so why would playing sn Athens or Fairfield be any different? Would've losing to Mexia or Caldwell still not benefited Teague by playing 4 qts, facing adversity and building endurance? Not to mention the last 2 years Teague played ff avg attendance was around 4-4500 fans, meaning hardly any travel expense around $10k in concession money that benefits athletic funds, great competition, and large crowds at sub varsity games.

Another problem we have run into the last few years being 2a was lack of teams our opponent fielded. One year only one district opponent had a jv team, played mart our senior's 7th grade year and they had one jr high team, so our 8th grade played defense and 7th played offense and yes skinner, love and mitchell scored over 40. Point is when we can fill 4 jr high teams and 2-3 freshman jv teams, more experience and interest in program

Seen a couple of quotes that this game doesn't make or break either teams season, so why would playing sn Athens or Fairfield be any different? Would've losing to Mexia or Caldwell still not benefited Teague by playing 4 qts, facing adversity and building endurance? Not to mention the last 2 years Teague played ff avg attendance was around 4-4500 fans, meaning hardly any travel expense around $10k in concession money that benefits athletic funds, great competition, and large crowds at sub varsity games.

Sounds like a great community support. That is where great football programs begin.

The bottom line on Teague's D Friday night was they held one of the best teams in D1 class 3a to 14 points under their average and a quote from Coach Driskell in paper they played physical.IMO,the game turned when they forced the Tigers to a three and out to start the second half ( Malakoff had deferred ) so this was an important series to them and Teague then went down and scored on their first series.

Memo to Teague posters : keep it real,what goes around comes around,remember the early 90's

Teague played " up " in 4 of the 5 non district games by playing 4a teams.Not only did it help in Friday nights game but as Lion 719 stated it helps with the under programs.Once district starts Coach has the scramble to find games for our other JV team and some may only have one jr high team.Mexia will play Fairfield for the District Championship ( still like the Eagles but its in Mexia on Halloween and Caldwell should finish 2nd in their district behind # 5 La Grange in 4a.IMO these two games prepared Teague for Friday nights showdown,Mexia is the fastest team we have played and Caldwell was a big physical team who leaned on you.

Good luck to both Malakoff and Teague the rest of the way.You never know what may happen on any given Friday and in the Playoffs.

99 ditto on clock you realize he hurt both teams last TD for half does not happen if he ran clock correctly earlier in second

Teams played about 13:30 in second he held it 3 times when it should have been running

Definitely! He was all around bad glad it didn't effect the out come of the game. If it would have been close and either team driving to win the game would of been horrible . good thing for either team it didn't come to that BC of him.

Hopefully for Coach Driskell and the Tigers sake,the voters of Malakoff ISD will consider upgrading Tiger Stadium.Saw on a Facebook page where they were calling for turf,more seating and parking.Coach 001 yall did an excellent job on the visitors side handling the overflow crowd.For you folks that were not there,there were people 3 deep along the sidelines and cars were parked half mile back down the highway.The stands on both sides were packed to the Max.It was a great Texas High School Atomsphere.Its a shame so many had to stand and to the ones who didn't come because of this.Again words cant describe the electricity that was running through Tiger Stadium and both teams left their all on the field.Again Coach001, thanks for the hospitality.

Hopefully for Coach Driskell and the Tigers sake,the voters of Malakoff ISD will consider upgrading Tiger Stadium.Saw on a Facebook page where they were calling for turf,more seating and parking.Coach 001 yall did an excellent job on the visitors side handling the overflow crowd.For you folks that were not there,there were people 3 deep along the sidelines and cars were parked half mile back down the highway.The stands on both sides were packed to the Max.It was a great Texas High School Atomsphere.Its a shame so many had to stand and to the ones who didn't come because of this.Again words cant describe the electricity that was running through Tiger Stadium and both teams left their all on the field.Again Coach001, thanks for the hospitality.

+1

With a strong push on offense in the second half the Tigers finished the game with 449 yards of offense compared to Teague's 448. The Tigers had 244 yards of offense in the first half while Teague had 339.

Wolfe finished the night 10-of-22 passing for 137 and two touchdowns. Russell had four catches for 73 yards.

Teague was paced by Skinner who was 14-of-25 passing for 275 yards and three touchdowns. His leading receiver was West who had four catches for 113 yards and two touchdowns.

On the ground the Lions rushed for 171 led by Love who had 19 carries for 123 yards and two touchdowns.

Just a little stat info. From the Athens review.

We have been pushing for Turf and more seating for a while. Our last Sup told me it wasn't cost effective....We are the tax payers...give us what we want....its not like we don't have the money...lots of tax dollars roll in at Big M

We have been pushing for Turf and more seating for a while. Our last Sup told me it wasn't cost effective....We are the tax payers...give us what we want....its not like we don't have the money...lots of tax dollars roll in at Big M

They need to strike on it this year while the iron is hot.