Will 3-4 Texas win another game this season?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm sure most will understand the point of this post, it IS a very legit question. Before last weekend, I kept telling myself that maybe we beat TT, WV, and Ok State (with Iowa State a given...but man, that was not a gimme by any means!) to at least become bowl eligible. However, after giving up 45 to Iowa State, I'm now wondering if we win another game myself.

But the offense DID put up 48 on Iowa State after struggling most of the year. I think Texas will beat Tech who has even more issues right now.

Obviously, I hope you're right, but being realistic, I wouldn't call any game left on the schedule as a guaranteed win.

@ K-State - Loss

@ Texas Tech - Winable, but not a sure fire win

vs. West Virginia - Loss

@ Oklahoma State - Loss

vs. TCU - Loss

If Oklahoma State was at DKR, I would consider Texas winning just because those two teams play each other so oddly. Always close games when the Horns and Cowboys get together...

The offense put up big numbers vs ISU but I won't be impressed unless they continue with their progression this week in Manhattan.

Defensively, if they can get off the field on 3rd down and create a few turnovers it will help their biggest weakness, which is depth. Getting Jason Hall back from injury this week is a must.

The rest of the schedule doesn't produce a gimme. KSU, TT, and OKST on the road will all be tough. WVU and TCU at home will the toughest of the 5 teaming games IMO.

The offense put up big numbers vs ISU but I won't be impressed unless they continue with their progression this week in Manhattan.

Defensively, if they can get off the field on 3rd down and create a few turnovers it will help their biggest weakness, which is depth. Getting Jason Hall back from injury this week is a must.

The rest of the schedule doesn't produce a gimme. KSU, TT, and OKST on the road will all be tough. WVU and TCU at home will the toughest of the 5 teaming games IMO.

I wouldn't expect a win in Manhattan. They are a very tough team who always plays well at home. But the team may move forward even in a loss.

Texas Tech won't be too tough for Texas. They are just bad. And as people said, Ok St is always a weird game for Texas. I definitely think Bowl eligibility is possible.

Now that the truth about this thread has come out I'll give my real opinion.

The game this weekend will determine the rest of the year.

A win at KSU this weekend and they'll win 4 of the remaining 5 games.

A loss with progression will result in no bowl game.

Regardless of the rest of the season I believe Texas beats TCU on thanksgiving.

I like where this team is going and how they're improving week to week.

Now that the truth about this thread has come out I'll give my real opinion.

The game this weekend will determine the rest of the year.

A win at KSU this weekend and they'll win 4 of the remaining 5 games.

A loss with progression will result in no bowl game.

Regardless of the rest of the season I believe Texas beats TCU on thanksgiving.

I like where this team is going and how they're improving week to week.

Do you think they have a chance against KSU? they are pretty good and they always seem to play Texas tough.

Do you think they have a chance against KSU? they are pretty good and they always seem to play Texas tough.

I haven't watched KSU play at all this year. I thought Texas would beat UCLA and OU, they were a stop on defense away from making me look smart.

I like the progression of the team and love the fight they show every week. I know the team will play hard and won't roll over if they get down.

A lot of folks were scoffing at barely beating Iowa State. Mark Mangino is the off coordinator and has had success everywhere he's been. I watched them play Kansas state early season and it took a late TD for ksu to win it.

OU needs to boot Heupel and hire Mangino again.

I'm a big Longhorns fan, but the UT defense couldn't stop Garrison's JV .... at least they started Santos this past week and he was an improvement over Edmond.

Outside of last week's game, that Longhorn defense has been stout. Just getting worn down because the offense stunk it up most of the season

I haven't watched KSU play at all this year. I thought Texas would beat UCLA and OU, they were a stop on defense away from making me look smart.

I like the progression of the team and love the fight they show every week. I know the team will play hard and won't roll over if they get down.

I've only seen KSU play Auburn (where they should have won) and OU (which they should have lost lol). As always, they are very well coached and are physical. Fun to watch but a nightmare to play against. But I could see Texas winning if they play well.