Alto VS Kerens

TXGOLFER48

I agree the 06 team was super special. Probably the best small school football team I have ever seen. There were very few weaknesses on that team if any. They might have won state in a couple of other classifications too. The 07 team was good but couldn't hold a candle to the 06 team.

YEP....IF there was a weakness....probably at Weakside DE.....and HE was no slouch....just not very big....when they played Willis at the other end....There was NO PLACE TO RUN.....Low and Scott took care of the middle....Mumphree and Mitchell also and the little noseguard was tough!!!....If you tried to throw....there were the two Mitchell brothers roaming back there that would rather knock your head off than defend the pass....but could do that also

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by the jackets had to grind out a victory and they desperately needed that going into the playoffs. Kerens has alwys played Alto tough and with a district title on the line I didn't expect anything different this year.

Yeah I went back and looked over last 20 years or so playing Kerens , very rarely a blow out , usually pretty close , especially @ Kerens. I was surprised at their size up front but our D' made plays.

I think Kerens and Carlisle match up well in the 1st round against Loveladyy/Groveton.