San Augustine Wolves vs Shelbyville Dragons

WDGT

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Hubbard is doing an outstanding job. I think that's why this district is so tough.

There are good coaches in this district with talent that they seem to understand how to coach to win.'

SA has Hubbard

S'ville has Ferguson

Beckville has TWO GAMBLES

West Sabine has Tod Stark who has done nothing but win there

Joaquin has a perfect fit with Gandy - who they just let go

Cushing has a young man, Jehling, who has made much improvement in only one season

This district is tough for more than one or two reasons

Good to see the Gamble that had his feelings hurt and went MIA come back.

Everybody thought it was the big tall recievers last year that made JMike so good (including me), guess not!

They found two more. #6 is really good, and is listed at 6'3". #12 is big also, and good at positioning himself between ball and defender. #7 is not as big, but he's fast and runs good routes. MVP of this district will be interesting to say the least, between Shelbyville's Burrell and Metcalf, SA's Roberts, and WS's Williams. Joaquin's Belrose is ever bit as good an athlete, but he's been playing hurt and they've done RB by committee.

They found two more. #6 is really good, and is listed at 6'3". #12 is big also, and good at positioning himself between ball and defender. #7 is not as big, but he's fast and runs good routes. MVP of this district will be interesting to say the least, between Shelbyville's Burrell and Metcalf, SA's Roberts, and WS's Williams. Joaquin's Belrose is ever bit as good an athlete, but he's been playing hurt and they've done RB by committee.

when he isnt hurt he is really fun to watch

when he isnt hurt he is really fun to watch

#12 will be QB be next year....he has some speed on him!

TWB, as much as I love the kids that play for us, we had these kids last year. We have them this year and after that, we'll have plenty of kids coming up in what is becoming a town effort. If you lived here like I do, you would realize this is the beginning of something special. I think that's why 90Fly recognizes what he does.

The Alto, Mart, Refugio, Canandian, Crawford, Goldthwaite type teams in this division are more than a group of players that come through the hallways every now and then. While some of the schools I just listed have better years than others, they are consistently in the BIG GAME talk every single year. For decades now. The test of a team is the game, the test of a program is time. These schools here are PROGRAMS and what has built those PROGRAMS is what is going on in Shelbyville.

To be fair and honest, to everyone in this district, and granted, it is a very tough and competitive district. Arguably the best in the state. But to be fair, no one in this district has the reputation of the schools mentioned above.

SA has been past the second round of the playoffs twice in school history and although they have a State Title, lack of consistency suggest this was most likely a fluke and built around a group of kids and not a PROGRAM

Shelbyville has never been 10-0 and never been past the second round of the playoffs. Not a PROGRAM at all.

Joaquin, absolutely hideous win loss record in the history of their school minus the Gandy Era. He took them to the Semi's in 09 and past the 2nd round only once more - Not a PROGRAM

West Sabine - again, only twice past the 2nd round in school history - Not a PROGRAM

Cushing - never beyond the 1st round - Not a Program

Beckville - in 2000 they were 12-2. That's it for the history of their school. Not a PROGRAM.

District 10AA - Div 1 is no question a very tough district. I has some good teams in it right now. Great teams? That is yet to be determined to be honest and up to this point, based on who has played who and common sense and deductive reasoning, it would be easy to conclude that Shelbyville is the front runner for "best" team in this district. 2nd would be Joaquin or SA or West Sabine with Beckville coming in 5th and Cushing 6th. We will know "how" good these teams are at the conclusion of this season.

You guys and gals who love to come on here and talk about how Mart or Refugio will end the season of whoever comes out of this district are the exact reasons or problems with your own "programs". You have no belief in your own team and contradict yourselves about how "tough" this district is by conceding defeat to those type of schools. That attitude alone is why THEY ARE A PROGRAM and you are simply a season by season team.

It is funny how things shake up as the season develops. Pre-Season suggested Reg III was the weakest. Now that things have shook out a bit, it is easy to see, this may be the toughest of all three regions.

Region I you have, in this order - Canadian, Stratford and Stamford. Trust me folks, regardless of polls, Abernathy isn't on the same level as any of these

Region II you have, in this order - Mart, Crawford, Bosqueville - B'ville never beats these schools, so you are left with the other two and Mart clearly coming out of Reg II

Region III you have, in this order - Alto, Shelbyville, Centerville, Union Grove, Lovelady. Alto and S'ville played down to the wire last year and both are much improved. Look for these two to square off after on December 5th somewhere around Nac to represent this region in the Semi's

Region IV you have, in this order - Refugio, Shiner, Mason - Look for a rematch b/t Refugio and Shiner on neutral ground and don't be surprised if it's Shiner coming out of this regions.

After that and the journey it takes to get to this point, anything is possible.

I see Mart vs Canadian in the semis on one side with a toss up of a game

I see the winner of Alto x Shelbyville playing the winner of Refugio x Shiner on the other side.

Since you are trying to play historian...how many total wins has Shelbyville had in the past 15 years.....under 40?

Envy - an emotion which "occurs when a person lacks another's superior quality, achievement, or possession and desires it"

SA has only one 10-0 season in the history of their school.

SA has only been past the 2nd round of the playoffs twice in the history of their school, one of which was a State Title Season.

Other than that, not much to talk about, yet I always hear someone from SA talking.

When "YOU" think about Shelby county football, doesn't matter to anyone here.

When I think of SA football, I think of underachievement.

We'll see you Friday night and it wouldn't matter what field we play on, your Wolf Pack doesn't have a chance.

Underachievement = Shelbyville Dragons for the past 30 years! You talk about a team being hype...who sat out in the playoffs last year? If Burrell wasnt in Shelbyville yall would be with Beckville at the bottom of the district. Shelbyville will return to their losing ways....

Underachievement = Shelbyville Dragons for the past 30 years! You talk about a team being hype...who sat out in the playoffs last year? If Burrell wasnt in Shelbyville yall would be with Beckville at the bottom of the district. Shelbyville will return to their losing ways....

You're losing tonight wolf boy. :) and this unbeatable SA team will sit home!!

You know I'm starting to like you more and more.

Could've been this way the whole time.

As a group we let smoaky get a little trollish. It took having the king of all trolls to come along so we could fix it. Headed back in the right direction now. Good stuff to read at work now and actually feel like I'm learning football. Amazing!

For my part, I apologize. If any of the 2A bunch has issue with me for my past actions I ask that you give me another shot. I'm back on track.

Hats off to Creasy. Consider changing that screen name. That guy is long gone. The new Creasy is very much welcomed here.

If I were a guesser I'd predict that at least four folks besides Burrell will score tonight.

burrell was not the only runningback and is not the only one you will have to watch for #2 will give u fits. he is fast and runs hard.also the qb is very talented. dont throw much but he is accurate. if u couldnt stop joes running game then how will u handle svilles run pass attack. granted they run most of the time but they can pass. i see sville winning going away

burrell was not the only runningback and is not the only one you will have to watch for #2 will give u fits. he is fast and runs hard.also the qb is very talented. dont throw much but he is accurate. if u couldnt stop joes running game then how will u handle svilles run pass attack. granted they run most of the time but they can pass. i see sville winning going away

I agree that SA needs to play better on defense...but it's 2 totally different kinds of rushing attacks. Joaquin had so much success running the ball because their size just rooted SA out of their. You had a wall of humanity just moving people out of the way. Shelbyville is a completely different animal. They are more quick hitting, just firing off and hit you in the mouth. SA will have to match the intensity and physicality...but they won't have to deal with the mass of bodies that they did against Joaquin.

You are confused my friend. Too many cigarettes I suppose. For a team to be "hype" they had to been expected to do something. SV wasn't picked to get in the playoffs, so there was no hype. They didn't make the playoffs, so there was no under-achievement.

If Burrell wasn't in SV, he wouldn't be what he is. If he was in SA, he would be much more like the Wolves. There is a reason he's smart enough to not be in a place that isn't good for him

If Burrell is all we have, we should be very easy to stop.

Could've been this way the whole time.

As a group we let smoaky get a little trollish. It took having the king of all trolls to come along so we could fix it. Headed back in the right direction now. Good stuff to read at work now and actually feel like I'm learning football. Amazing!

For my part, I apologize. If any of the 2A bunch has issue with me for my past actions I ask that you give me another shot. I'm back on track.

Hats off to Creasy. Consider changing that screen name. That guy is long gone. The new Creasy is very much welcomed here.

Greezy, I'm still me, so I'll keep the name.

I don't even think I'm any different than I was originally. I think all of you have changed......LOL......kidding!

I agree that SA needs to play better on defense...but it's 2 totally different kinds of rushing attacks. Joaquin had so much success running the ball because their size just rooted SA out of their. You had a wall of humanity just moving people out of the way. Shelbyville is a completely different animal. They are more quick hitting, just firing off and hit you in the mouth. SA will have to match the intensity and physicality...but they won't have to deal with the mass of bodies that they did against Joaquin.

This won't even things up for SA in the least. SA doesn't want anything related to being physical.

This won't even things up for SA in the least. SA doesn't want anything related to being physical.

i think he is hoping since yall arent as big as joe that yall will be easier to move. i suggest he study the sville joe tape. i dont think we done very good against yalls d. except on our 2 scoreing drives. yall are just as physical as we are and faster on the line. i just dont see sa comming out the winner. but who knows it is halloween after all. i take sville

Where is all your input on how your wolves are going to roll through district? That everyone else has not played quality teams and are overrated. All we hear from your loud mouth is how if we stay home so will yall. Or wait to next year you will be at the bottom. Talk about now a sign of a bottom dweller is someone who looks for excuses and points to the future cause his mouth overloaded his but for 2 months on this site. You want to talk about underachieving then look no further than yourself and your dumb predictions. Go back and read some of your bold predictions and how you even confuse yourself with how your team has played. You Wolfman might be the biggest tool on SDC.

Where is all your input on how your wolves are going to roll through district? That everyone else has not played quality teams and are overrated. All we hear from your loud mouth is how if we stay home so will yall. Or wait to next year you will be at the bottom. Talk about now a sign of a bottom dweller is someone who looks for excuses and points to the future cause his mouth overloaded his but for 2 months on this site. You want to talk about underachieving then look no further than yourself and your dumb predictions. Go back and read some of your bold predictions and how you even confuse yourself with how your team has played. You Wolfman might be the biggest tool on SDC.

yep