Beckville at joaquin

trueblue82

The Beckville Bearcats (5-4, 1-3) head to Ram Stadium to take on the Joaquin Rams (5-4, 2-2) in the final week of the regular season. The Rams will be playing for a playoff spot, as a win will lock them in to the #3 seed out of District 10AA D1. The Bearcats are eliminated from playoff contention, but would love to end the season by playing spoiler to the Rams. The teams have met 12 times since 2000, with the Rams leading the series 9-3 over that span. The Bearcats have beaten the Rams once (2006) since Coach Wayne Gandy took over. The last meeting was in 2013 at Beckville, where the a Rams snapped a 7 game Bearcat win streak with a 36-6 victory. The Bearcats are in their first year under Head Coach Lance Gamble. Interestingly, there are a lot of San Augustine fans rooting for Beckville in this one. A Beckville win would drop the Rams to 2-3 in district and likely send the Wolves to the playoffs.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this game will be no pushover. Eventhough beckville are eliminated from the playoffs, they will not quit in this game. This could be a very close game if we do not come out in the same frame of mind we've had the last 2 weeks. Can we dominate this game, yes we can! but it will take the same TEAM effort that hung 54 on SA to do it! Bring the Wood! Go Rams! We are Joaquin!

Guys, this game will be no pushover. Eventhough beckville are eliminated from the playoffs, they will not quit in this game. This could be a very close game if we do not come out in the same frame of mind we've had the last 2 weeks. Can we dominate this game, yes we can! but it will take the same TEAM effort that hung 54 on SA to do it! Bring the Wood! Go Rams! We are Joaquin!

We need to pick the intensity up about 3 notches for this one. We were a little flat against Cushing. In a way, that's to be expected, with the emotion they played with against SA. It's hard to maintain that two weeks in a row, especially when you know you're far better. Also, we were missing a couple of key players, especially #11, who has a way of keeping the intensity up. If we get him and #12 back, I like our chances.

If were are 90% healthy and everyone plays that should.... I'll take it !!

I know those kids hated being held out this week. #11 looked like a pit bull on a chain on the sideline. You could tell he wanted to play. But we need those two back HEALTHY! If we get 11 and 12 back this week to run the ball, I look for both to go into beast mode. Couple that with 4 senior O-linemen playing their last game at Ram Stadium, it could be a big night.

its never a pushover when we play bville but i will take joaquin to pull it out

Here's how I see this game going. Beckville will come out and play hard but so will Joaquin the rivalry between the 2 is just beautiful and its my favorite part of football season the beckville faithful probably hate me but I have turned my trolling eyes over to the shelbyville dragons. This game will probably be the best game both schools have played this year I look for Joaquin to pull out the win 24-17 (beckville has a gooooooooood kicker) good luck to both teams and I pray for rhe beckville fans to be safe on the way game and on their way home.

We need to pick the intensity up about 3 notches for this one. We were a little flat against Cushing. In a way, that's to be expected, with the emotion they played with against SA. It's hard to maintain that two weeks in a row, especially when you know you're far better. Also, we were missing a couple of key players, especially #11, who has a way of keeping the intensity up. If we get him and #12 back, I like our chances.

just how many yards did retamar have. i know on 3 rushes he had over 200

I think Retamar should transfer to Sville, along with Belrose, what's the going price on a running back these days??

They wouldn't come over there if you offered em 20 billion dollars

Seems like I remember a thread on Beckville and Joaquin were to ladies got in a fight on the sidewalk, might not have been football though...

They hate each other lol