• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I question the football IQ of this staff. Clock management is terrible. They should had let Longview score right after the big pass to set up first and Goal at the end. I dont think anybody really thought we could stop them. I knew the two point was coming. King is not stupid.

yea... Smart move by King. He was veryyy happy after the game too.

I did. I got to give John King his props............. TODAY. LOL! That dude has a rabbit's foot in his behind.

Was the hasty td a trick play? I thought he can off the field...awesome play by king!!

U gotta have luck and we had a lot to win it

Congrats on a great season Pack. I would post more now but my phone is bout die again at dinner.

I have never been this happy after a game. I can't believe it.

Was the hasty td a trick play? I thought he can off the field...awesome play by king!!

U gotta have luck and we had a lot to win it

Yes. They ran it vs Sulphur Springs but Chumley over threw it. Didn't tonight.

Thanks for the good sportmanship. It's a Love/Hate thing with me and Lufkin. Now, I can call ole' girl in Lufkin from the Steven's Court projects tonight.

Lmao. Tobin first guy to make me laugh after this bs i just witnessed . Stephen Ciurt not even the real projects in Lufkin so you will be straight

My prediction:

Longview comes back down to earth after competing in a glorified 4a district.

Lufkin rolls.

That glorified 4A district sent 2 of yours home. And our lowly 4th place team played your top dog to a close game.

Thought you said:

Not going to happen.

That glorified 4A district sent 2 of yours home. And our lowly 4th place team played your top dog to a close game.

Thought you said:

Not going to happen.

I said it, and was wrong.

I'm here to eat my crow like a man.

Congrats to Marshall and Longview.

If u meaning the jt. TX high game I wouldn't call it close after halftime pretty much happen what I said

I said Top dog from your district. I believe Ennis was the district champion.

And fourth place SS made them sweat.

A 4th place team from a glorified 4A district.... Pushed a state ranked team to the brink.

After all that talk......

Did they change things up in second half whatever lp was doing in 1st was working

I wasn't there, but listening to it, it sounded like that had more to do with Longview shooting themselves in the foot every time they'd start to get something going. Lufkin is just too good of a team to do that with and not expect to get a beat down. Luckily Longview was able to overcome it....even if for only a half, but that was just enough. Also, Lufkin began trying to run the clock in the 2nd half. That plan worked to Longview's favor.

Lmao. Tobin first guy to make me laugh after this bs i just witnessed . Stephen Ciurt not even the real projects in Lufkin so you will be straight

Lmao. Okay, well show me where the REAL action is, then. After tonight's win, I feel like I could run an additional 5 yards if I had to! Maaaaaaan, I feel GOOD! Ain't God Good!!!???

Sho' nuff He is!!!

I wasn't there, but listening to it, it sounded like that had more to do with Longview shooting themselves in the foot every time they'd start to get something going. Lufkin is just too good of a team to do that with and not expect to get a beat down. Luckily Longview was able to overcome it....even if for only a half, but that was just enough. Also, Lufkin began trying to run the clock in the 2nd half. That plan worked to Longview's favor.

I couldn't agree more

Did they change things up in second half whatever lp was doing in 1st was working

Longview woke up and stopped making costly mistakes. Lobos opened up our play book for the first time this season in the second half and it worked magnificently.

Lobos had two fumbles that turned into points for Lp, and dropped two large would be gain passed in the first half that stalled drives.

The drops and overthrows continued but they didn't let it get them down like they did in the first half.

It really was quite like the 2004 game just reversed. Lp couldn't knocked us out with those two scores after we pulled closed and then later when we tied it, but our boys never gave up.

Our defense had majority sophomores by the end of it. We were having to put out offensive linemen in on the D line we were so hurt. I don't know what we're gonna do next week but goodness, this feels amazing.

I'm so happy for our boys. I've never seen King have that much emotion. Just a completely different team in the second half AND we lost the turnover battle.

Everything went Lp's way until the end.