Quitman verse Mineola

wannabe

Thoughts??? I think Mineola should rest every starter. They'll still win by 21-28 points. My other thoughts are that from what Quitman has coming up they may not see the win column for 5 more years.

Without playing starters, Mineola might still win, but not by 3 or 4 TDs.

What do you mean "from what Quitman has coming up"?

Like others have said I just hope for no injuries before the play-offs start. Mineola vs Quitman can be a battle, alot of cousin vs cousin etc. I would just like to see the Jackets have a good offensive game with no turn-overs, last week against Sabine they still had 4 fumbles with 3 lost. That can't happen in the play-offs or they will end up just like the games against New Boston with no chance to compete. If they play within themselves and make no mistakes they can beat any team they play.

It means quitman is terrible and will be for the next several years until they can bring in people that know how to make the kids win. Jv hasn't won a game neither has 7th or 8th grade. How can you build a dynasty when u go 0-10. Quitman has only gone winless 2 times in it's history of the school. But this is what quitman wanted

Mineola could play their jv and win and probably should to keep from having any Injuries

Simply stated Quitman doesn't seem to have a lot to look forward to based on their sub-varsities. I'm pretty sure neither the 7th or 8th grade has won a game or really been close for that matter. And don't think the JV has had a lot of success. Just my observation

By your theory the Quitman teams from the early 2000's shouldn't have 3-peated as District Champs, or made it to the Regional Semis. Those teams won maybe 2-3 games in JH, and not very many on JV. After those teams they had success with the group that graduated in 2008, and I'm pretty sure they didn't win a whole lot in JH or on JV. Just saying you can't really judge teams on how they do in JH.

WeNotMe, on 03 Nov 2014 - 3:55 PM, said:snapback.png

It means quitman is terrible and will be for the next several years until they can bring in people that know how to make the kids win. Jv hasn't won a game neither has 7th or 8th grade. How can you build a dynasty when u go 0-10. Quitman has only gone winless 2 times in it's history of the school. But this is what quitman wanted

Let me be clear in this. I DID NOT state what theprodigy posted as a quote from me...

I would not say such a slanderous thing about any school or program and certainly wouldn't say that about one that I support.

theprodigy added that to my quote of...

By your theory the Quitman teams from the early 2000's shouldn't have 3-peated as District Champs, or made it to the Regional Semis. Those teams won maybe 2-3 games in JH, and not very many on JV. After those teams they had success with the group that graduated in 2008, and I'm pretty sure they didn't win a whole lot in JH or on JV. Just saying you can't really judge teams on how they do in JH.

I'm not saying that. But with what they have now and what I've seen from the sub-varsities, the whole system is messed up. Maybe they can pull together, IF they get a regime in there that will work on fundamentals.

I'm not saying that. But with what they have now and what I've seen from the sub-varsities, the whole system is messed up. Maybe they can pull together, IF they get a regime in there that will work on fundamentals.

Are you from Quitman? Or are you a bystander who has seen them play one time? Just curious, and no offense. They have a new coaching staff, and it might take a year or two to get the kids buy into what they are doing. Just my two cents. I'm all about giving the new staff a few years to work their magic. Give them time with kids, and see where they are at next year.

Mineola fans, do not take any one for granted. Quitman has had a lot of success through the years. I can remember them playing Groveton in the playoffs in the early 80's. They may be down this year, but they will be back. The head coach in Quitman is telling his kids to win this one and ruin Mineola's perfect district run and to get a start on 2015 Friday night. Quitman has nothing to lose.

When I saw the schedule, this game is the one game I wished we could have played to open district.

Go Jackets!

Those kids had coaches and hit helped they dropped from 3a to 2a to have those 3 peats. The difference is those kids got tired of losing and dedicated themselves to the weight room the promised themselves they weren't going to lose and mainly cause they had winners In front of them. These kids now are used to losing and seeing the teams In front of them lose. Back then quitman was full of athletes ur right they lost a lot on jv and junior high the difference in then and now is those coaches then made them athletes they molded them in the weight room and gave them the mindset of winning the kids now a days are used to losing and have become ok with it