kountze lions vs Teague lions round 1

Allheartnoquit

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an opposing fan with a lot of respect for Teague and what they can do on the field, I must say that if Teague has a downfall this year, it is that they allow to many points for a championship team.

THEY WILL SCORE... ALOT! However, if they come up against a sound ball control offense with a strong defense, I think they will have their hands full.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I am routing for Teague and I believe they will handle Kountze. The next 2 or 3 rounds will be the determining factor on whether or not they earn that ring.

Good luck to both teams and uuuuummm... Go lions?

I just became that guy who quotes himself...

Defense, 2nd string or not, could be the downfall for Teague. I've been sayin it since Teague played Malakoff.

Once you get deep enough in the playoffs, out scoring your opponent with an alightly above average defense can become a problem. I know it sounds like I'm bashing, but I'm actually routing for Teague most weeks. I hope they find a solution for the long haul. Congrats on a first round win!

Its the Teague Lions

42 points first half im guessing the Lions scored on every possession of the first half?

Lil ol tig won a 1st rd playoff ball game. Congrats tiggers. shut down the school for a week and leave the distractions at the door Cameron Yoe coming up!! DJ is somewhere saying your welcome.

Teague has a great offense everybody in centex expected them to blow kountze out. Their defense will be the reason they don't make it to state unless they step up. Their offense can only take them so far, because their some teams in there region that can score with teague and it will come down to who denfense can make stops.....good luck teague

Its the Teague Lions

42 points first half im guessing the Lions scored on every possession of the first half?

Yup....game was over at half....Teague fans were even headed to the home. Second half was aspected when you destroy a team in first half. We ran the ball the first 10-12 plays in the second half. Gotta give it to Kountze they never quit. The score is definitely not a indicator to how this game could of been. An it could of been worse but Donnie got a lot of playing time mainly on the defense for the second and third stringer at the start of the second half.

Teague has a great offense everybody in centex expected them to blow kountze out. Their defense will be the reason they don't make it to state unless they step up. Their offense can only take them so far, because their some teams in there region that can score with teague and it will come down to who denfense can make stops.....good luck teague

Only team I believe that could keep up scoring is Whitney but I don't see them getting out of their side of the brackett. Trague o line is the key no one has gotten pressure on Skinner all year and I don't see it changing

You overestimate Whitney. Rockdale and Cameron can match Teague score for score and both have a defense to make necessary stops AND both have huge game experience to not crack under pressure. Something Whitney also lacks.

The most you have scored is 49 all season...that was game 1 of the season. I think the connally score is a pretty good estimate of what our game will be. Your under estimating how out standing our offense line is.

The most you have scored is 49 all season...that was game 1 of the season. I think the connally score is a pretty good estimate of what our game will be. Your under estimating how out standing our offense line is.

You really think Cameron couldn't drop 70+ on every game they won this year? Rhoades is a defensive minded coach. Cameron isn't as has never been about putting up gaudy numbers. We have been to state 3 outta the last 4 years. Not one of those seasons were the Yoemen dropping 60-70 per week. You wanna judge Cameron off Connally? By all means do so. That was a week 0 squad still trying to figure things out. Remember. Teague allowed Lexington a ridiculous number of points. Should we judge them by that as well?

You really think Cameron couldn't drop 70+ on every game they won this year? Rhoades is a defensive minded coach. Cameron isn't as has never been about putting up gaudy numbers. We have been to state 3 outta the last 4 years. Not one of those seasons were the Yoemen dropping 60-70 per week. You wanna judge Cameron off Connally? By all means do so. That was a week 0 squad still trying to figure things out. Remember. Teague allowed Lexington a ridiculous number of points. Should we judge them by that as well?

Believe we put up 70 something on Lexington and the game was over before the second quarter began. 35-7...lol you havnt seen a offense like this one buddy. We are very balanced. You won't have a answer for mitchell #1.....a D1 commit didn't even have a answer for him. We didn't have a answer for him either but no one really has (dude has serious vert).

Out of the 5 teams that scored 30 plus. 2 of the games were out of hand by half Lexington and Kountze....malakoff was done by the start of the 4th and (mexia and Caldwell) got ran off at the end of the game.

Cameron is averaging 235.6 yards a game through the air...172.2 on the ground and 5 TDs a game according to maxpreps.

Your average will be turn around you will get 235-300 rushing and 150 through the air and score 35....heck sounds like malakoff game and we will get what we usually get and score 50 plus....

Tick tock Yoe tick tock.

Kirbyville will shut your offense down btw. But great game teague it was definitely a cold one. The opposing qb threw for 434 yards.

We won't have to worry about Kville. Cameron then EC then malakoff or buna....how many did he have in first half? Thought so...game was over at half...move on deputy