Van vs. Paris @ Rockwall

ThatDude12

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will not see more big time players. Paris has it all except mentally. Paris will knock your head off but they can be beaten by any decent team. I think I would have a shrink at practice this week if I was the coach at Paris. They can be scary good or scary awful . I hope they can get it going.

I don't know anything about Paris. Looks like Van and Paris had two common opponents this year which they both beat. Other than that, I haven't seen any highlights or anything. Paris had a harder schedule but then Van pretty much blew everyone out except for Athens. Van has the most well rounded team I've seen in awhile along with a little depth. My feeling is that this could be a pretty close game and Van wins. But, I thought the Kaufman game would be close so maybe I'm being conservative lol.

I've never been to Rockwall stadium before. Been to Royce city a few times and both Mesquite Stadiums. I imagine all of these stay booked this time of year. Guess it will be nice to see something different. Seems like when I was a kid growing up in Terrell in the 60's and 70's Rockwall had a cow pasture for a football field and Royce City was a speck on the map. Boy how things have changed.

My guess is that Moffitt got the flip right and Rockwall was their main choice of stadium sites.

Would have figured either Commerce or Mount Pleasant for this matchup.

Or Gilmer...??? We have great facilities.. and probably about middle of the way...

Never been there, can you see the stadium from I-30?

Absolutely!

You will not see more big time players. Paris has it all except mentally. Paris will knock your head off but they can be beaten by any decent team. I think I would have a shrink at practice this week if I was the coach at Paris. They can be scary good or scary awful . I hope they can get it going.

I spent a few years in Paris and attended some games so I know you speak the truth when you say Paris has some good athletes. However from the little film I've seen of them this year I think Van matches up pretty well against what they do. No doubt though they are a dangerous team. Nobody would pick us after watching the teams get off the bus but you could probably say that before most of the games Van has played. Lots of folks still doubting Van because we haven't had a deep playoff run since 2009. I'm sure Pitt remembers that team. There is only one way to prove the doubters wrong.