Van vs. Paris @ Rockwall

ThatDude12

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still wish the Paris QB would line up behind center and ground and pound more.

So you want him to run 30 QB sneaks a game? He's pretty darn effective out of the spread when his line is able to give him a seam. You can still be a power running team operating out of a spread.

They were probably overlooking Crandall and thinking more about playing Chapel Hill the next week. I don't think that happens this year. Van by 14.

The Crandall game was extremely disappointing. Last year's senior group didn't step up and Paris played without their RB. He makes a difference in their offense when he's healthy. I think the team will be focused this year. Hope they're able to keep it close.

I've never been to Rockwall stadium before. Been to Royce city a few times and both Mesquite Stadiums. I imagine all of these stay booked this time of year. Guess it will be nice to see something different. Seems like when I was a kid growing up in Terrell in the 60's and 70's Rockwall had a cow pasture for a football field and Royce City was a speck on the map. Boy how things have changed.

Mesquite Memorial is not available. They are starting a big renovation and they are not booking playoffs games. Will be greatly improved and updated.

The Crandall game was extremely disappointing. Last year's senior group didn't step up and Paris played without their RB. He makes a difference in their offense when he's healthy. I think the team will be focused this year. Hope they're able to keep it close.

I just think that it would present some different issues for the defense. I would run some traps and maybe run a little of the Houston Veer with the QB. Just saying that I am not sure if the current offense best fits Paris personal. But, it is late in the season to make too many changes. A good ball control offense would go a long way in this game. Good luck to Paris and win this one. I really think you can.

Mesquite Memorial is not available. They are starting a big renovation and they are not booking playoffs games. Will be greatly improved and updated.

Bet it will be nice. I like that stadium but probably good we're not playing Paris there with that mini Eiffel Tower in the endzone lol.

Paris has reverted to a ball-control mentality the last 2 games, albeit against out-manned teams in Quinlan Ford and NL. The Cats converted four 4th-down situations against NL which means they were pretty confident and patient to settle for 3 yards a pop. I don't think that philosophy will change vs. Van although obviously the Vandals are a much tougher opponent. The fact Athens was able to hang close with Van is a big confidence boost for Paris, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Paris is a different team from the one that laid a defensive egg vs. Princeton and an offensive egg vs. Pittsburg.

Paris has reverted to a ball-control mentality the last 2 games, albeit against out-manned teams in Quinlan Ford and NL. The Cats converted four 4th-down situations against NL which means they were pretty confident and patient to settle for 3 yards a pop. I don't think that philosophy will change vs. Van although obviously the Vandals are a much tougher opponent. The fact Athens was able to hang close with Van is a big confidence boost for Paris, at least on the offensive side of the ball. Paris is a different team from the one that laid a defensive egg vs. Princeton and an offensive egg vs. Pittsburg.

Yes Athens was able to move the ball and score on Van. If Paris has a 230 pound FB they should run the slot t and give him the ball 42 times. That worked pretty good.

Paris QB is 6-3, 215, and runs like a FB. Will that work? Look, Van may very well win, but this is a scary matchup for a No. 1 seed. L-E had the best overall talent in District 7, but Paris could have easily been the district champ instead of struggling for the last playoff berth the final two games.

Ok my turn to weigh in. I saw all of the NL games this year, and imo I did not see much difference between Van, LE, and Paris. I think that people in district 8 are really underating district 7. If Van goes into this game with anything less than a full focus they will get beat. That's just my opinion having watched all these teams play.

Ok my turn to weigh in. I saw all of the NL games this year, and imo I did not see much difference between Van, LE, and Paris. I think that people in district 8 are really underating district 7. If Van goes into this game with anything less than a full focus they will get beat. That's just my opinion having watched all these teams play.

Don't worry bro embrace the underdog roll they are the target the kids watch they know everyone thinks they're gonna lose extra motavation. It feels much better winning the game when everyone doubts u.

I think your right. Athletically 7 sends more to college than 8 to play football I would bet. I think Van is to well rounded for Paris ,passing,running,defense and discipline. Paris will need to get a good lead early imo to win if Van gets good lead early it could get ugly for Paris.

Van by 17