Van vs. Paris @ Rockwall

ThatDude12

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argyle is now a suburb of the metromess. They have been pulling good athletes from bigger 6A schools for years. The urban flight has benefited Argyle very well. Look for Argyle to move to 5A next realignment

I don't blame anyone moving out of the metro mess and Argyle would be a good move.

Yes Athens was able to move the ball and score on Van. If Paris has a 230 pound FB they should run the slot t and give him the ball 42 times. That worked pretty good.

Take away an onside kick that the kicker kicked twice, and Athens beats Van. Athens and Van are two different kinds of teams, Athens is one dimensional, run and control clock and beat you down, Van is very balanced. Van did something a lot of spread teams don't usually do, stop a smash mouth football team. If you run the spread it is very hard to simulate the slot T in practice, because you don't have that kind of kid in practice to go against. Van is very fast and uses their speed well, both on offense and defense. Unless Vans QB has an off night, Paris is in trouble.

Take away an onside kick that the kicker kicked twice, and Athens beats Van. Athens and Van are two different kinds of teams, Athens is one dimensional, run and control clock and beat you down, Van is very balanced. Van did something a lot of spread teams don't usually do, stop a smash mouth football team. If you run the spread it is very hard to simulate the slot T in practice, because you don't have that kind of kid in practice to go against. Van is very fast and uses their speed well, both on offense and defense. Unless Vans QB has an off night, Paris is in trouble.

Yeah Van didn't exactly stop Athens but we did slow then down a bit, had enough speed to contain the outside runs and defended everything well. Just couldn't stop that FB from grinding out tough yards. It was a tremendous effort on his part and Athens O-line is good. They are well coached, played extremely hard and are very disciplined on offense. They are going to be a tough out in the playoffs.

I think the Vandals are in for a test in this one , this is not the way a dist champion should be treated in the first round of the playoffs haha ...but with that being said I see a little something different in the kids this year they have a real hunger to get the ultimate prize .... I see Vans defense stopping Paris enuff to frustrate and the offense wearing the wildcat defense down .

Van 41

Paris 27

Hope Paris gives us a good game. Don't think their D is as good as Van's. Anyone know if this game will be broadcast on the radio?

My prediction:

Van 42

Paris 21

You can get the Paris broadcast on easttexasradio.com . . . click on the KBUS-FM, 101.9 link

Well its Thursday Game Day!

Ready to get this thing called Texas High School Football Playoffs going!

Paris has some athletes, and a very LARGE QB, but they are very inconsistent.

Van is not as potent on O as Argyle, but their D is better.

Think this will be a good one, my pick

Paris 24,..................Van 35