Van vs. Paris @ Rockwall

ThatDude12

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By my unofficial calculations, Paris QB Quez Allen was 27 for 232 yards rushing and 2 TDs plus 7 of 14 passing for 92 yards, 2 TDs, and 1 INT. He had a couple of potential TD pass drops. He gets a ton of criticism on this site for not being everyone's ideal model of a spread quarterback. Defenses know going into the game they've got to focus on stopping him, but that's easier said than done. He's matured by leaps and bounds, and he's ours for another year.

Van finally played a team with a lot of speed and the outcome wasnt in their favor. Same scenario in 2012 when they had a good season and everyone was all about Van. Then they played Henderson who had way more speed than they did and it ended 48-21. I havnt understood the state ranking for Van this year. Their biggest win was over Lindale who was 3-7 on the season.

Van finally played a team with a lot of speed and the outcome wasnt in their favor. Same scenario in 2012 when they had a good season and everyone was all about Van. Then they played Henderson who had way more speed than they did and it ended 48-21. I havnt understood the state ranking for Van this year. Their biggest win was over Lindale who was 3-7 on the season.

They had 9+ returning starter back, that is why the state ranking. Some of their players are 4 year starters( their RB).

Ha ha some of you people truly have issues. One look at the box score will tell you Van was a good football team that lost to another good football because they turned the ball over. Paris caused most of those and deserved to win the game.

VAN PAR

First Downs 23 19

Total Yards 366 343

Rushes-Yards 50-276 42-238

Passing-Yards 90 98

Comp.-Att.-Int. 10-22-4 10-17-1

Fumbles-Lost 2-2 2-0

Penalties-Yards 6-60 8-65

Punts-Avg. 0-0 4-30.8

How about giving Paris credit instead of bashing a high school team. Nevermind that is not what this site is about for some of you. So carry on with your pilling on and kicking of high school kids when they are down.

As I said before great game paris and good luck.

Carry on trolls..,..

I have to agree with Whodathoughtit. There's absolutely no need to bash Van. It's easy to kick a team when they are down, and I don't remember a lot of smack talk coming from Van fans. No matter how you look at it, it's extremely hard to win when you have 6 turnovers.

Just a question, though. Had Van been having turnover problems this season, or was this game an anomaly?

I have to agree with Whodathoughtit. There's absolutely no need to bash Van. It's easy to kick a team when they are down, and I don't remember a lot of smack talk coming from Van fans. No matter how you look at it, it's extremely hard to win when you have 6 turnovers.

Just a question, though. Had Van been having turnover problems this season, or was this game an anomaly?

No real problems with turnovers all season. Paris defended the pass well.

I was discussing the Pitt/Princeton game a few days ago and I believe that Pitt had 4 or 5 turnovers inside the 10 and was quickly reminded that turnovers happen and are just part of the total game. It is still hard to take when when you turn the ball over but you love to have the takeaways. I was also reminded that good teams either protect the ball or steal the ball. You are only as good as the last game you play, even more so in the playoffs.

Ha ha some of you people truly have issues. One look at the box score will tell you Van was a good football team that lost to another good football because they turned the ball over. Paris caused most of those and deserved to win the game.

VAN PAR

First Downs 23 19

Total Yards 366 343

Rushes-Yards 50-276 42-238

Passing-Yards 90 98

Comp.-Att.-Int. 10-22-4 10-17-1

Fumbles-Lost 2-2 2-0

Penalties-Yards 6-60 8-65

Punts-Avg. 0-0 4-30.8

How about giving Paris credit instead of bashing a high school team. Nevermind that is not what this site is about for some of you. So carry on with your pilling on and kicking of high school kids when they are down.

As I said before great game paris and good luck.

Carry on trolls..,..

Great stat line. Paris' 2 fumbles could've easily been recovered by Van changing the outcome of the game. It's just how the ball rolls sometimes.

No turnover problems. Most of the credit should go to the Paris coaching staff for puting the players in the right position to make plays.

Blackflag you've been one of the classier members of this board for a long time. Some others should take notes lol

Lion, when Van posters support their team it's hype? We had a great season and won district. We don't vote on the AP poll or Padilla. We were and still are proud of those young men.

You should also note that Van posters are handling this like they should. Giving credit to Paris, not bashing players or the coaching staff.

Again take notes on how it's done.

You guys kinda had it coming with that hype.

I don't usually respond to these type of posts, but I was already thinking what whodathoughtit said, so I have to wonder what motivates you? When is it enough? Come on man. This is high school football. We support our teams. I just don't get this attitude of constantly bashing another team. Good grief.

I had a feeling dist 7 was taken lightly. Everyone talks about scheduling and yeah it helps but that ain't the reason Van lost to Paris.

You better come to play like it's your last game once those playoffs start and sometimes --it happens..whether self induced or by the opponent.

To lose by a td at the very end of the game after minus 5 turnovers tells me Van probably still the better team but that not how football go.

Congratulations Paris your playing hot right now and that's what you want this time of year. Congratulations Van ,the game ends for all of

us 1 day and for 99% of us sooner than we wanted.