Gilmer vs. Pleasant Grove

Buckeye22

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn overs and mental mistakes PG is very weak[/quote

The starters only turned the ball over one time so don't know what game ur looking at but I didnt see them punt not one time

One Turnover might be too many against a good team man. We gonna have to play perfect against our neighbors

Ok. A few quick observations about this game:

1. One of the better all around games I've seen Gilmer play this year. Played good on both sides of the ball, and made key stops on defense.

2. Moving Lynch to cornerback & Devin Smith to safety was a great decision. Smith has great closing speed and is one of the leading tacklers on defense now, and with Lynch & Boyd as corners, they can basically put both corners on an island.

3. Sure would love to see Jamel Jackson carry the ball more. Dude was on total beast mode the few times he carried tonight. I'm hoping he becomes their 2nd half battering ram in close games later in the season.

4. Very impressed with Gilmer's D line tonight. They did a great job of shedding blocks and staying in PG's backfield. Also didn't see many missed tackles tonight.

At the end of the day, it's hard to know how good Gilmer played, because I really don't know how good PG is. They are obviously better than any other team in our district. But they didn't test Gilmer, so I still don't think we know how good Gilmer is.

Ok. A few quick observations about this game:

1. One of the better all around games I've seen Gilmer play this year. Played good on both sides of the ball, and made key stops on defense.

2. Moving Lynch to cornerback & Devin Smith to safety was a great decision. Smith has great closing speed and is one of the leading tacklers on defense now, and with Lynch & Boyd as corners, they can basically put both corners on an island.

3. Sure would love to see Jamel Jackson carry the ball more. Dude was on total beast mode the few times he carried tonight. I'm hoping he becomes their 2nd half battering ram in close games later in the season.

4. Very impressed with Gilmer's D line tonight. They did a great job of shedding blocks and staying in PG's backfield. Also didn't see many missed tackles tonight.

At the end of the day, it's hard to know how good Gilmer played, because I really don't know how good PG is. They are obviously better than any other team in our district. But they didn't test Gilmer, so I still don't think we know how good Gilmer is.

I wouldn't say PG is better than everyone in our disstrict.Sounds like Melissa gave atlanta a very good game and i know Atlanta is good.Gilmer only scored 50 tonite and it wasn't beecause they played a better team than everyone else they been playing.Its because PG stuck to their gameplan the whole night and that was to milk the clock as mmuch as possible.They wouldn't snap the ball until 40 Sec clock hit 2 secs everytime.Teams think they can beat gilmer by running the clock but let me say this Gilmers defense is starting to click on all cylinders and that's scary!

TatumDirtyBird I was in Waco that night at Baylor's football stadium. It was bad the temperature was low, and the wind was blowing hard the entire game. I can't think of a colder game.

Colder? Think back to Waco '83. Gilmer and Longview have both been 2 time losers in SC games in Waco. There is some kind of bad juju there against East Texas teams.

Colder? Think back to Waco '83. Gilmer and Longview have both been 2 time losers in SC games in Waco. There is some kind of bad juju there against East Texas teams.

+1,000,000 ... The winter of '83 is one of the Coldest I can remember in all My 55 years; '86 was cold too, I think it stayed below freezing for over a whole week!❄❄❄⛄⛄⛄

I heard last night from a pretty reliable source it would be Friday at 7:30 in Mesquite Hanby Stadium. So I was surprised to hear Corsicana. Would want to double check that.

I'm not sure why I posted Kincaid... maybe "Brain Freeze"?..because I too heard Hanby... At least I got near the correct area..