Shelbyville vs Ore City

TWB

I have read Smoaky since David started it. I still read it everyday. This season I have read posts (mainly from wolfman and Lambo) where people are calling the entire community of Shelbyville, all the fans, all the kids, and all the coaches classless . The mentality of some of the posters on Smoaky amaze me. Some posters use their secret identity to trash others and anytime you do this you are coward. When you make derogatory blanket statements about an entire group or population, you are a coward. I do not think when David started this board that he intended for it to sink to this level.These type of posts are a black eye to all of East Texas, high school football, and more importantly the people. I have not in all the years this board has existed attacked anyone or any groups character. It is hard enough on a teenager in these times to grow up to be good productive Christian person with all the pitfalls satan has put before them. For some reason there are people always trying to tear things down to help them feel better about themselves even if it hurts the kids. If this describes you, then you are a coward. I have been in coaching for 32 years. I have coached in Garrison, Carlisle, Beckville, Rusk, Shelbyville, Hemphill, and Center. My immediate family has played football for Shelbyville, Hemphill, West Sabine, and Joaquin. I have also coached against every school I mentioned. You can ask anyone you want and the kids will tell you that I loved them no matter what side of the field I was on. The kids are why I do what I do even though I could have retired three years ago. The only thing that makes me think about leaving coaching is some of the idiot adults I get to deal with. My love for all the kids will keep me around even with all the insanity of some adults. This is not a blanket statement , I know it does not apply to most. Just remember our kids are the greatest gift God gave us.We should all cherish each and every one. WStiger96 I would like to inform you that my name is on many of my previous posts so pot and kettle statements are not correct.The first thing I did after I shook hands and congratulated West Sabine was to find Lance Johnson and tell him I loved him and I was proud for him because we are of the same blood. Now on to other matters. WStiger96 and Wolfman since you two are so eager to tell me off to my face and now you know I am just an old coach why don't you both come together and you can both can rub my nose in it. I coach in Shelbyville. I live in Patroon Tx. I am not hard to find. Just ask for Mickey Smith. Have a nice day.

would you be willing to go to the Patroon store and buy me some deer sausage and mail it to North Dakota? just saying, like a few miles for you, 1600 miles for me. help me out Mickey.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would you be willing to go to the Patroon store and buy me some deer sausage and mail it to North Dakota? just saying, like a few miles for you, 1600 miles for me. help me out Mickey.

Cheddar jalapeño or regular?

I have read Smoaky since David started it. I still read it everyday. This season I have read posts (mainly from wolfman and Lambo) where people are calling the entire community of Shelbyville, all the fans, all the kids, and all the coaches classless . The mentality of some of the posters on Smoaky amaze me. Some posters use their secret identity to trash others and anytime you do this you are coward. When you make derogatory blanket statements about an entire group or population, you are a coward. I do not think when David started this board that he intended for it to sink to this level.These type of posts are a black eye to all of East Texas, high school football, and more importantly the people. I have not in all the years this board has existed attacked anyone or any groups character. It is hard enough on a teenager in these times to grow up to be good productive Christian person with all the pitfalls satan has put before them. For some reason there are people always trying to tear things down to help them feel better about themselves even if it hurts the kids. If this describes you, then you are a coward. I have been in coaching for 32 years. I have coached in Garrison, Carlisle, Beckville, Rusk, Shelbyville, Hemphill, and Center. My immediate family has played football for Shelbyville, Hemphill, West Sabine, and Joaquin. I have also coached against every school I mentioned. You can ask anyone you want and the kids will tell you that I loved them no matter what side of the field I was on. The kids are why I do what I do even though I could have retired three years ago. The only thing that makes me think about leaving coaching is some of the idiot adults I get to deal with. My love for all the kids will keep me around even with all the insanity of some adults. This is not a blanket statement , I know it does not apply to most. Just remember our kids are the greatest gift God gave us.We should all cherish each and every one. WStiger96 I would like to inform you that my name is on many of my previous posts so pot and kettle statements are not correct.The first thing I did after I shook hands and congratulated West Sabine was to find Lance Johnson and tell him I loved him and I was proud for him because we are of the same blood. Now on to other matters. WStiger96 and Wolfman since you two are so eager to tell me off to my face and now you know I am just an old coach why don't you both come together and you can both can rub my nose in it. I coach in Shelbyville. I live in Patroon Tx. I am not hard to find. Just ask for Mickey Smith. Have a nice day.

You have way more class than your boss...your attitude alone would make a great head coach!

Mr. Smith, I don't wish to rub your nose in anything sir. Wasn't making a blanket statement about the town, just a coordinator or two that I myself heard cussing out their kids from the press box, something you would never do due to your class and tenure in the game. Whenever I hear ANYONE cussing out their own players that angers me. I haven't been on here in awhile so I haven't read any of your old posts. I am truly sorry if I offended anyone on here and I am man enough to apologize.

I am sure Shelbyville has great coaches on their staff...but the work of one makes them all look bad. And I do know that shelbyville has some great people in it...but every since their tenaha game it's gotten worse on here. I hope the shelbyville boys can get a win regardless of what is going on this week!

I hope district 10 does some work in the playoffs. All three teams will be tough outs. Apparently my remarks stepped on some toes. I am not looking to tear anyone down, far from it! Whenever I hear a coordinator talk about his own players the way I heard with my own two ears it angers me to no end, as it should ALL of us! If he'll talk like that in public, imagine how he talks to them in practice when no ones around! Now, apparently I'm an evil person put in the way of kid's dreams in some eyes because I mentioned this(Granted, I could've used more tact going about it. You live you learn, I guess...)and that steams me. I wasn't the one cussing his own players! One bad apple can ruin the whole bunch, as I'm sure the case is here.Best of luck vs. Ore City.........

So in shelbyville they don't have levels of discipline. So just one level break the rules (any rule even the small ones) and your done. So a kid could curse out a coach and he gets kicked off the team, also kid goes play basketball at home in front yard, gets kicked off the team. Anyone see a problem here? Why not Make the kids run extra, do tires, or heck even make them read a written apology to the whole team.

Anything but kicking a kid off the team just because he goes and plays basketball. A little over the top wouldn't anyone say?

So your telling a kid hey if your gonna get kicked off the team for a stupid rule might as well make it worth your while, heck why not go fight someone you don't like, its the same punishment for both anyways, right?

Same as in classroom. Under these rules a tardy would be equally punishable as skipping school.

Maybe there are multiple levels of discipline and there were earlier rule violations. I don't think we can get a view of the whole picture from posts made on a forum. If this were my child I would not like him/her being discussed at length on a forum. I would want to handle it with the school staff. Just saying....

I saw where one of the kids is now going to play. Why not both of them?

One wasn't actually playing hoops... He never dribbled or attempted a shot.

jk..

Sounds good enough for me though.

Just as everyone knows Eagleborn.....Both he and Boo are awesome men.

No sir, you da man.