Malakoff vs. Buna

Endseeker83

Alright people. Malakoff was blowin this place up every week until the Teague loss, granted the next 2 weeks weren't much to write home about.

Let's talk match ups. What kind of offense and defense are we looking at in Buna? Are they comparable to teams we've played?

Cause let's face it, these teams might as well be in different states they are so far apart.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difference will be defense. Both teams can put up points but I don't think Malakoff has faced a front 7 on D that Buna will field. Buna is not a big play team but the run is going to be difficult to stop and they can throw it at you in small numbers when if stacking the box.

Buna 34

Mala 24

I think the difference will be defense. Both teams can put up points but I don't think Malakoff has faced a front 7 on D that Buna will field. Buna is not a big play team but the run is going to be difficult to stop and they can throw it at you in small numbers when if stacking the box.

Buna 34

Mala 24

When would someone not stack the box vs Buna???

I agree, I said "when" not sure why I threw the "or if" in there. My point is that Buna is capable of throwing it and making you pay for it. They don't have the deep passing threat but they are good at short passing game and will throw it a lot if they have too.

Ignorance is a strong word. You're making comments like "stack the box against a slot T team they will throw it." Come on man, that's the only box a slot T team will see... So Buna is gonna air it out when someone stacks the box, should have 50 attempts a game...

my bad, I assumed you was smart enough to know that comment applies when you are successfully at stoping the run while stacking the box, if you start to shut them down then they will be forced to start throwing and they can and will but a team that has success at running under the wing/slot T will not have a lot of attempts like you are referring too.

I sometimes say make statements assuming some common sense can be applied to understand, I apologize for leaving you out of the conversation!

Alright people. Malakoff was blowin this place up every week until the Teague loss, granted the next 2 weeks weren't much to write home about.

Let's talk match ups. What kind of offense and defense are we looking at in Buna? Are they comparable to teams we've played?

Cause let's face it, these teams might as well be in different states they are so far apart.

#1 Malakoff never was blowing this place up. We did rib Dfield pretty good when we beat them for the simple fact that Dfield guys did tend to talk a little smack before the game. We in Malakoff like to let the young men on the field speak for themselves and they have done a pretty good job with it. The guys on here that talk smack for Malakoff are probably not from Malakoff. Again we are humbled by the amazing job our staff and students have done. I think anyone of the teams can win and lose given the right circumstances. That being said good luck in the post season unless your team faces Malakoff and then I wish the team no luck at all cause I dont want to hear excuses afterwards.

WHOA WHOA WHOA there Mike... That opening statement was by no means intended to be construed as negative. I have very much enjoyed watching the progress of your team this year. There was literally a post for every weeks game from week one leading up to the Teague game. There were literally no more Malakoff game topic posts after that game. Seems to me like the tires got unnecessarily deflated.

I made this post to get the train back on the tracks of positive progress and hope to follow it deep into the playoffs! I waited to see if any of the regulars that I saw on the other posts would start one up for the playoffs and decided... Eh, what the hey.

Sincere apologies if these spirits have offended. Lol Let's go Tigers!

WHOA WHOA WHOA there Mike... That opening statement was by no means intended to be construed as negative. I have very much enjoyed watching the progress of your team this year. There was literally a post for every weeks game from week one leading up to the Teague game. There were literally no more Malakoff game topic posts after that game. Seems to me like the tires got unnecessarily deflated.

I made this post to get the train back on the tracks of positive progress and hope to follow it deep into the playoffs! I waited to see if any of the regulars that I saw on the other posts would start one up for the playoffs and decided... Eh, what the hey.

Sincere apologies if these spirits have offended. Lol Let's go Tigers!