Malakoff vs. Buna

Endseeker83

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the drawbacks I see with the current playoff system.

Two 9-1 teams playing the first round.

Buna in a district with 8 teams with 3 of those 9-1 records and Buna 3rd seed.

Malakoff in a district with 6 teams with top team undefeated and Malakoff 2nd seed with 9-1 record.

This is one of the drawbacks I see with the current playoff system.

Two 9-1 teams playing the first round.

Buna in a district with 8 teams with 3 of those 9-1 records and Buna 3rd seed.

Malakoff in a district with 6 teams with top team undefeated and Malakoff 2nd seed with 9-1 record.

This wasn't a good draw for either team, it's a shame this was a 1st round matchup. To really good football teams and one has to go home. The system has some faults!!

How did the highlight reel workout for you..lol

There was a hifhlight reel just not near enough. Buna kept the ball on offense too long ya know 3yds. and a cloud if dust. only no dusk because of the turf. Dowell always has a highlight reel. Again as I stated hats off to the Buna defense. Buna was the best team that night. I still think if the QB and receivers could have got it going it would be a different ball game. Crow has been eaten and seconds were eaten as well.

Dowell is going to be hard to replace for Driskell and the Tigers. Young man is a workhorse. I thought Smith from Cameron might be the best back in 3A but after last night's game, Dowell is still the best RB I've seen all year. The top 3 backs I've seen this year are Dowell of Malakoff, Love of Teague, and Smith of Cameron. Malakoff will be ready to go next fall, might not be the caliber team of this year's team but next year I see them being similar to what they were in 2011. Good luck to Buna against Rockdale, should be another good match up

Maybe they can show how to play defense against the Victory formation!

I know you're just trying to rub it in, but Malakoff defense did about as good a job as anyone in their district did. Say what you want, the last Buna TD was a direct desult of Malakoff going for it on 4th down in their own end with 2 min. So before that, they have up 4 TDs, one more than EC and 2 less than Kville.

Dowell is going to be hard to replace for Driskell and the Tigers. Young man is a workhorse. I thought Smith from Cameron might be the best back in 3A but after last night's game, Dowell is still the best RB I've seen all year. The top 3 backs I've seen this year are Dowell of Malakoff, Love of Teague, and Smith of Cameron. Malakoff will be ready to go next fall, might not be the caliber team of this year's team but next year I see them being similar to what they were in 2011. Good luck to Buna against Rockdale, should be another good match up

Dowell is the real deal, best RB Buna has faced all year. I told him after the game to keep his head up, he's a legit player and will do well @ the next level.

Yep. Not sure the dist champ being the playoff team is a bad thing. The length of the post season is kind of crazy.

I would Like to see the top two go. Just because the second place team deserves a chance. But I don't see a reason for four teams per district that is for the money only.

FYI Buna's undersized, un-athletic, slow Defense held the mighty (one of the top 3 runningbacks in 3A in the the state) who has averaged 130 yds per game to 98 yds..Not to shabby for poor ole little Buna...

He didn't get many touches. Don't make it sound like Buna shut him down. Dude punished a bunch of Buna players. I keep saying and Buna posters keep talking about how they shut Malakoff Offense down, Bunas best defense was their offense!!! I bet # of plays ran is one sided in Bunas favor. Malakoff's last 2 possessions were all passes trying to score quick. The stats are skewed. Bunas defensive scheme needs to thank the offensive scheme.

He had 15 touches...Buna did shut him down...Prove otherwise..and I know of 3-4 times he got up very slowly with aid from his team mates...You came on here and posted he was the best thing since fried eggs...he is good but Buna's defense was better...and your 3 D1 players that you Touted to "manhandle" Buna, Got it handed to em..they were sucking wind during the 3rd Qtr.

Teague gave up over 200 yards to Dowel, twice what Buna did so who's got the better defense :) Any defense would look good with those weak schedules. Teague and Malakoff are good teams, but 1 of them doesn't even make the playoffs in Dist 12, and neither goes undefeated

He didn't get many touches. Don't make it sound like Buna shut him down. Dude punished a bunch of Buna players. I keep saying and Buna posters keep talking about how they shut Malakoff Offense down, Bunas best defense was their offense!!! I bet # of plays ran is one sided in Bunas favor. Malakoff's last 2 possessions were all passes trying to score quick. The stats are skewed. Bunas defensive scheme needs to thank the offensive scheme.

He didn't get the touches cause it wasn't working